snahfu

The way I see it, Its a great thing to be financially-challenged when you're young and starting out. You learn what it's like to be at the bottom, so you appreciate any improvement and learn from your mistakes. Also, you learn how to budget your money and prioritize. But, if you're old and broke, then you surely caught that L. But what do I know, Im just a bitch ass nigga.

yo how is you eatin 50$ worth of maruchan a week

You have to be on the Yakisoba tip, minimum, to hit 50.

a quick tip: Nissin makes the giant ass "souper meal" bucket of noodle soup. That big bucket can be stretched a few days.

grew up in projects with teenager parents (0)... we all worked our asses off and now im on a scholarship, and they have a very profitable business :rolleyes:

classic american dream i guess.... I think about that shit every damn day...

rep

I fortunately cannot relate to this thread.

I've never been in debt in my life (even now as an MBA student)

I have the upmost respect for those that struggled to get by and worked to make an income

Also - even though I've never had it hard, I want to make it clear that I still worked my ass off to get where I am today. No coasting.

my mom earns ~20k a year supporting 3 children but we get by

help her out then

and yea sometimes i feel guilty, a few weeks ago i went pretty hard in the eating, and realized that several times i spent more on a meal than my parents spend on groceries every week

edit: after 18 or so though i started to really appreciate them doing what they could so i could have what i wanted as a kid, i never felt 'poor'

Edited by eggshell

I fortunately cannot relate to this thread.

I've never been in debt in my life (even now as an MBA student)

I have the upmost respect for those that struggled to get by and worked to make an income

Also - even though I've never had it hard, I want to make it clear that I still worked my ass off to get where I am today. No coasting.

me too. i feel so lucky to know that i have my parents to fall back on if for some reason, things go to shit. not everyone has had the same privileges as me, and i respect those who made it with far less than i had.

Edited by footfeet

oui, but everything is more expensive, even with our stronger dollar. Ever hear about 10$ packs of cigarettes? You'd be hard pressed to find cheaper ones up here (save for native-made ones, of course).

and thats a bad thing....? you know how much smokers cost our health care system?

i cant afford dental surgery that i need because i dont have insurance

You could try getting on the waiting list for the student dental clinic of a reputable University or College in your area. The wait could be long, but you'd save a lot. Most big city Uni's/Colleges have a full-service dental facility that can do fillings, bridges, implants, root canals, crowns, treatment of gum disease, extractions of wisdom teeth, etc. Unless it's routine work done by a senior student, there is typically a licensed dentist overseeing the procedure. Surgery would probably be done by a graduate student. From what I've heard, students usually do as good a job as an experienced dentist or better because they're being graded have to be very careful and thorough.