minya

small questions thread (use before making a new thread!)

yeah, come to think of it i've seen at least one brand that apparently uses 3-4-5 notations instead of the usual 1-2-3, but they still fit like small-medium-large regardless. perhaps uc has done that? (how needlessly confusing.)

if i understood him correctly, he's looking for tops that have a range of 5 total sizes

Size 5 definately exists for UC but it depends on demand from O/S buyers. I work for a store in Sydney/Melbourne that stocks UC and we always order size 5 but very rarely does it go to production so we get very few styles in size 5 per season.

Does anyone know of any longer black denim jackets? More like a thick black denim shirt. Looking for something that hits just about wrist height or higher?

UC's size 3 is a super tight fit s-medium. I wear sz. 2 thom browne and boo, 48 in balenciaga and margiela. UC's sz 3, especially the more tailored pieces, are usually pretty tight. The UC cropped pants i sold to mrip had a pretty generous waist size. 

stephan schneider is one of the few brands that does the weird 3,4,5 system.

Who makes good band tees? Looking for stuff with a slimmer cut and at least decent material. I've heard good things about Night Channels, but some of my friends had issues with their orders. 

In terms of bands I'm after stuff like Can, Faust, and The Velvet Underground, 

More esoteric stuff like Sun Ra, John Fahey or Pharoah Sanders t-shirts would be great as well

I got a tee from Nightchannels recently, it's printed on Gildan Ultra Cotton and fits slightly big. The colors on the print came out slightly different than on the site but I dont really mind in this case. Alright for the price I guess, their selection of prints is stellar though, can't find a lot of the stuff elsewhere. Please let me know if you do find some good Can tees, been wanting one for ages. 

I was wondering whether most brands distribute their clothes on their own or use wholesale agencies. For example Common Projects uses the 30:70 agency located in Paris for their distribution in Europe. Anyone knows who the biggest wholesale agencies are?

can anyone in the US proxy for me? the thing i want can be ordered online but within the US only, so it doesn't matter what state/city you're in. please pm if you can help.

white mountaineering down vest. size 1 too small for 36US?

Should bejust right - I've even had size 0 jackets that fit me on the larger size (I'm a 46)

Best to check the measurements though

Trying to find a cheaper alternative to SLP Chelsea boots. Anyone have any recommendations for alternatives with a similar construction?

So what does "puckering" mean

I see a lot of brands like Kolor/Sacai do it.  Is it just the ruching along the outseam?

white mountaineering down vest. size 1 too small for 36US?

0 or 1 depending on the cut and your height. The shiny puffer vests from a couple seasons back fit really large.

Does this style have a standard name, and where can I find more of it?

jl5e0k.jpg

ordered with fromjapan for the firs time instand of suto, forgot to ask them to put as a gift fuck got 100 $ of custom,

have to ask them everytime ?

edit

nvm found out 8)

Edited by Lobey

ordered with fromjapan for the firs time instand of suto, forgot to ask them to put as a gift fuck got 100 $ of custom,

is this a rhetorical question?

/no offense

Edited by frankie_four

Check the measurements

Some stuff is purposely oversized anyway

Edited by Deux_Oiseaux

how do the converse first strings run? a half size big (like regular chucks) ?

Yeah I normally wear a 7.5 in vans but i went for a 7 in my FS and it fits around the same.

thats what I was thinking... it's super hard to choose which color though.  black red and green all look sick but I think I'm leaning toward red

I believe the red isn't FS but just '70s, although there isn't a big difference between the two. I just bought the true navy colourway but the red is pretty nice too.

Edit: My bad, the red low cut isn't FS but the high tops are.

Edited by spacey

you don't ask.

there is checkbox for gift option when you pay the shipping charge form.

it's right underneath where you can declare the value of the contents.

Edited by shouji

generally speaking, if i wear a M (loose) in north face should i go up to a L for purp label or stay with M?

Edited by conqueror