minya

small questions thread (use before making a new thread!)

Anyone in the US who has ordered from nittygritty care to comment on your experience with customs fees?  

Were you charged? If so, how significant were the additional import duties?

Edited by Nullsleep

could anyone recommend a designer with some similar wool knitwear?

Every single APC piece (maybe except jeans) I regretted buying. Boxy, weird silhouette. OK material. 

You live in ON. Why don't you go to Haven or Nomad and cop something on sale?

beyond superfuture and SZ does styleforum have anything to offer?

Got a couple of APC knits I've over the years and actually have one from years ago that is the same as the one you posted. 

I guess the wool is quite soft but I wish the sweaters were a bit more sturdy. The neckline on one of mine (the same as the one you posted) lost its shape after a few wears... and the others also don't seem to keep their shape as well as they should. 

Wouldn't buy anymore from APC. Check out Arpenteur and Howlin - some of the better wool sweaters I've got are from them.

Edited by danxf

lol true im just used to buying online but TO is a good option

Got a couple of APC knits I've over the years and actually have one from years ago that is the same as the one you posted. 

I guess the wool is quite soft but I wish the sweaters were a bit more sturdy. The neckline on one of mine (the same as the one you posted) lost its shape after a few wears... and the others also don't seem to keep their shape as well as they should. 

Wouldn't buy anymore from APC. Check out Arpenteur and Howlin - some of the better wool sweaters I've got are from them.

found a perfect replacement for the apc from howlin on haven shop, thanks for all the response

http://shop.havenshop.ca/products/stewart-charcoal-mix

My CDG wallet's zipper broke, anyone have any idea where I could get this fixed?

69q64n.jpg2eqb24n.jpg2u5cl1x.jpg

Anyone know where I can get Suicoke sandals proxied to the US? Checked Rakuten but they are sold out in the nice colors. 

What's the best proxy service now? Been hearing mixed things about both Sharp and Suto lately.

If it makes a difference, I'm in Europe.

What's the consensus on the quality of Oak (NYC)'s in-house line? I'm seeing some nice looking clothes for a reasonable price, but I'm a little worried that at that price point it may be a Fabrixquare/Zara type situation. 

any suggestion for pants that taper a lot?  i have been looking for something like this but can't seem to find it!

looking for pants that taper down to ~6 at the bottom

My CDG wallet's zipper broke, anyone have any idea where I could get this fixed?

69q64n.jpg2eqb24n.jpg2u5cl1x.jpg

go to your local cobbler. they should be able to replace the zipper

I have some very old Desert Boots I got when I was 15. I still wear them from time to time they look fine except for the sole. Can I take them to a cobbler and have them resoled? Also, what kind of sole should I get?

Thanks.

What's the best proxy service now? Been hearing mixed things about both Sharp and Suto lately.

My last proxy from suto arrived with the box mangled up and 3 items missing from the order. I've been trying to contact them for the past two weeks about getting a partial refund and they've been ghost for a little over a week.

They didn't include the items.

I had previously asked them to send me a photo of all my items together prior to shipping, in which the missing items were present in the photo.

After delivery I let them know items were missing, they claimed I didn't purchase anything else, so I sent them their own photo LOLz

Edited by TRICK DOM

Jesus, might have to do that as well then lol

only issues I've had to date are them not responding for 2-3 hours to a bidding inquiry and purchasing an item after I told them to cancel the order 2 days prior.  

This seems to be an actual issue though.  Hope you get your shit, man.

Hope u get that sorted out tick. Small question here, Superfuture or Stylezeitgeist? which do you like best and why. idk which i like better

Edited by Avant Grade

pretty sure im a 41 in rick boots. theres a 42 available now. will they be too large? outsole measurements seems to be okay, just a tad larger than my comfort spot.

Edited by swooc

^what's the consensus on boot sizing? (have no idea)

I usually wear 8.5-9 (see shoe sizing discussion thread) and went w/ a 42.  Toe box is big so there's room there but otherwise fits well.

need opinions.  finally got my geller dip dye.

is it supposed to fit slouchy and oversized like this?  or is it simply too big?

1011005_10153799658085436_90547992_n.jpg

My last proxy from suto arrived with the box mangled up and 3 items missing from the order. I've been trying to contact them for the past two weeks about getting a partial refund and they've been ghost for a little over a week.

Sux mayne... But to answer your q monnitoff I'd definitely recommend fromjapan. Fairly easy to use, don't have to bother with e-mailing or getting into contact with Japanese dudes, it's all automated. You can set it to bid snipe too. My two recent proxies were ridiculously smooth and arrived in roughly a week's time. 

need opinions.  finally got my geller dip dye.

is it supposed to fit slouchy and oversized like this?  or is it simply too big?

Yeah, it's supposed to fit slouchy and oversized, but I think it's a little too much arm stacking in your case. If it helps, I sized down a size on my dip dye and it fits fine everywhere except the torso's a tad cropped. So take that for what you will 

have always been told geller is supposed to fit a bit oversize.

I personally think the fit on that sweat looks good

anyone knows any reliable US proxy? want to get something from a US webstore to be shipped to Australia

anyone knows any reliable US proxy? want to get something from a US webstore to be shipped to Australia

Dark animal