small questions thread (use before making a new thread!)

minya

I'm looking at this:

http://www.yoox.com/...1380OH&sizeId=5

(Rick Owens Lilies Harems)

And while I'm usually an 8, when I do buy looser fits (like boyfriend jeans) 10s seem to work everywhere other than at the waist.

I'm worried though about where the hem might hit me. I imagine a 10 is that much taller than an 8, but still...

Can anyone offer some insight as to how the fit of this might be altered/ruined with a size-up?

I'm looking for a fairly basic zip up hoodie. Pretty much as plain as you can get. I want a nice one of course, I just don't want anything extra on it. I'm just looking for a solid color with those white pull strings on it. So if someone could point me towards one really appreciate it.

I'm also looking for some pretty simple canvas shoes. Preferably all white. Here's a link to some I was gonna purchase, http://www.ae.com/web/browse/product.jsp?productId=3211_4806_100&catId=cat90084 but sadly they don't have my size. I'd like some similar to those, they're pretty light/thin looking and that's the kind of look I'd like to stick with.

Guest mr usneun

So iam looking for a vintage shirt which should be thicker than normal shirts and just brown with no extra details like chequers. the color should be something in the era of leather and chocolate just to give you an idea of what iam looking for.

any1 nows a brand that has such a shirt in stock atm?

thanks!

Edited by mr usneun

So iam looking for a vintage shirt which should be thicker than normal shirts and just brown with no extra details like chequers. the color should be something in the era of leather and chocolate just to give you an idea of what iam looking for.

any1 nows a brand that has such a shirt in stock atm?

thanks!

http://www.woolrich.com/woolrich/browse/productDetail.jsp?icProduct=6110&icParent=subCategory&icSort=&icCategory=MM_cat10011&icColor=DKW

also, where to buy cool deubres for shoelaces

I want to exchange an unworn tags on item I purchased from endclothing.com (international order for me being in the states) for a smaller size but I can't find the "return form" on their website they require you to fill out and send with the item. Does anyone know where I can access this return form?

Edited by stugots

I'm a consultant and consequently I'm in suits everyday. Every day, most nights. I pay a fortune for most of my suits because I have to get them all made to measure thanks to OTR stuff all being drop 6. Paying 1.5 to 2 grand per suit isn't that big a deal when you just need a couple of them, but when you need like 10-14 in a rotation it's really annoying. (Indochino and most online custom options look like shit.) That said, brands like SuitSupply tend to look very good on me (and for $500 a pop, I'll buy all of them) but in order for any of them to fit I need to buy two suits.

As Cheap or Sidney or any of the meetup old-timers can testify, in my college years I was sufu skinny. I'm now skinny fat. I wear a 35/36 jacket and have 32/33 waist pants. *Beware kids, booze will catch up you*

I've decided instead of attempting to lose weight or change my lifestyle I'm simply going to find my opposite: some skinny dude with broad shoulders who also needs suit/s. So I'm putting this out there SUFU... anybody a 38 jacket and a 30 waist?

where to get a thick, formal white dress shirt so my undershirts don't show through?

as far as i know, the cheap-ass white dress shirts that are see-thru tend to be cotton/poly blends

thick 100% cotton shirts don't really have this issue, unless you are wearing your shirts absurdly tight

i think you can start there, buy what fits you best

the mercer and sons ones are known to be classicly 'trad', but i think they do custom orders as well

or you can try any of the reputable hong kong online custom shirtmakers, which are low-priced

don't go cheap on the fabric swatch