small questions thread (use before making a new thread!)

minya

I'm a highschool student and bought a grey suit at Zara and got it altered. This being my first suit, I was wondering a few things : what color tie do I wear, what color/pattern shirt and what color shoes? And what's "too advanced" i.e knotted silk ties, certain pocket squares etc. I saw a picture of an older Japanese guy wearing a grey suit and a tie tucked into his waist but I lost it. Thanks!

what does everyone think of norse projects stuff? a better version of supreme?

They're not really comparable.

how do you people clean your supreme camps? dry clean?

I just throw it into the wash on gentle and hang dry

And does anyone know where to get a cheap-ish black, knotted square end tie?

I just throw it into the wash on gentle and hang dry

And does anyone know where to get a cheap-ish black, knotted square end tie?

i hope tiebar is ok:

http://www.thetiebar.com/tie-bar-product.asp?pn=22459&orderPageReturn=%2FcategoryPages%2FAll_Ties.asp&pg=0&categoryIds=31,66,67,62&optionValueIds=

Hey guys, not sure if this is the right place to be asking for this sort of help. My girl lost this hat a few months back and I am looking to get something similar for her as a replacement. She got it from a thrift store so there's not much hope for an exact replacement - I'm also not sure of the brand. Does anyone know of any brands selling something similar? I wouldn't know where to begin to look.

Thanks in advance!

20johle.jpg

can someone recommend an asian salon for a haircut in LA? i've been going to a girl in little tokyo but i want to change it up a bit. i'm near torrance which i know has a large japanese population but i'm not sure which ones would be good to go to. i've got typical thick, straight asian hair and am looking for something like this:

photo.jpg

every time i've brought something like this to my current stylist she says the model has some body or wave to their hair which i absolutely have none of. i'm wondering if another stylist would be able to achieve something like this. right now, my hair is pretty long so i'm ready to try out something like this.

went to yelp and read about these places. unfortunately, most of the reviews are from girls. if anyone has any experience with any of these places - especially if you have a reco for a specific stylist or if there's a place not mentioned - please post. thanks!

dujapon - little tokyo

taka hair salon - west la

hair epoch - west la

pia hair salon - torrance

^

can anyone recommend a classic military style watch cap (black, ribbed knit, foldover, no prints) in merino wool?

another option... since outlier gets rec'd here way too often

http://www.tripleaughtdesign.com/Apparel/Apparel-Accessories/Watch-Cap

can anyone suggest a reliable, reasonably priced US proxy?? or has anyone used a US forwarding service they could recommend?

if you're planning to buy from a webstore, you can use borderlinx.com. i haven't used it before, but i'm pretty sure it's legit since mastercard sent me the promotion letter. they have a concierge service (like a proxy) that comes with a fee and a no fee (as far as i know) forwarding service if you do the purchase yourself using their US address. downside is they use DHL for shipping so it will be costly. this would be really good if you have the 28degrees card.

Can anyone help me find the measurement chart of 2010 TOJ bomber? I can only find the 2.2 from the unofficial site and the newest jacket measurements from the official.

Also, what are the differences between the 2010 and the 2.2?

Edited by Ecotrons