small questions thread (use before making a new thread!)

minya

I want to half fade dip dye(like the robert geller jawnz) some 100% cotton hoodies.

Whats the best dye brands and the best procedure for doing this? Is it possible to dye an originally heather/grey colored sweater creme? or do I have to start with an already light colored sweater?

you only can dye from light to dark but you can bleach from dark to "light" (may some different colors result e.g. black will be bleached to red).

I don't think there is a best brand for dye colors because you can't vary the color compounds. Check if they are harmful

For the technique check youtube.com, there are a lot of instructions but it's basically just:

tumblr_le2klueRyX1qbuq9fo1_1280_large.jpg

Who makes a chambray shirt with non-workwear styling? I have an old gap chambray that is super thin and comfy but is a little too small now. Either point/spread/cutaway collar would be fine, button-down is also OK. No utility pockets.

Can someone direct me to a shirt like that?

something about black dye: it's rpetty hard to dye something black, unless you get someone to do this or use chemicals/industrial dyes. most of the times, it will turn out dark grey with purple hues/tones/shades.

yea sorry. forgot to specify: ^^this^^ applies for that RIT dye.

for dyeing black u need the right dye type for the type of fibre you're dyeing. all purpose dye (eg.Rit) mostly never turns out with deep colours and will probably fade quick on cottons, but it's ok for nylon or wool.

you're better off using fibre reactive dyes. also works well on linen, silk, hemp, and rayon. Look for Jacquard Procion MX dye, or Dylon Permanent dye, or Tulip One Step Fashion Dye

Proper noob question, but what's the quality of Buttero boots like? Kinda broke and they are priced pretty darn low. Or should I just save up and get something else?

buttero makes cloak, dior, margiela and n(n) boots. i personally love mine (they fit huge tho.. size down at least 1).

your next level of quality is probably getting into guidi carpe augusta territory so i'd take them if you got a deal

Guest mikey8811

Hi

I have always been looking for a pair of the classic Lanvin sneakers / tennis shoes in my size and finally found them. However, I am quite confused about the style and so am looking for some feedback. There is a pair of black suede ones with a patent leather cap toe and trim with the style code of AM5DBB1VER5A1 1010 and a picture as follows:

am5dbb1ver5a11010.jpgam5dbb1ver5a11010.jpg

However, there is also a similar pair from Autumn Winter 2011, which I saw on the Lanvin site with the style code AM5DBB1VER4B1 and a picture as follows:

am5dbb1ver4b1blackblack.jpg

The first pair (AM5DBB1VER5A1 1010) looks to me as if it has a rounder toe and the second pair (AM5DBB1VER4B1) looks like the toes are more pointed.

As I am only relying on pictures, my question is if this is a classic sneaker style that Lanvin repeats every season with no variation in shape and am I mistaken in thinking that one has a rounder toe? Alternatively, do they vary the toe shape design as well with different seasons?

I would prefer the one with the more pointed toe but it is more costly as it is from Fall Winter 2011 while the first pair is currently on sale.

Any feedback from folk familiar with the Lanvin sneaker design over time appreciated as I hope to be able to get the pair on sale before it sells out if they are indeed exactly the same design.

Thanks again.

Need to restock on oxfords. I went and tried on a small at jcrew and I need an xs, should I go xs for uniqlo, or do they fit smaller?

Jcrew and uniqlo are really inconsistent with sizing so it would be best to try them on. If you can't, uniqlo Oxfords are slim so go with the small. Jcrew almost always runs large in everything.