small questions thread (use before making a new thread!)

minya

tumblr_lep6n9J2CJ1qagfc8o1_500.jpg

where can I buy these? Its undercoverism.

Seconded, would appreciate any info!

Also, can someone recommend me a shoe with 1.5" - 2" heel or creeper sole? I'd prefer something cheaper that I can use as a pair of beaters... or should I just get something nicer and add vibram?

Need a pair of solid wing tips for around 100 bucks if that's possible

Not sure what style you are going for, but if Allen Edmonds are something that might fit your need check their ebay store for factory seconds at good prices.

Seconded, would appreciate any info!

Also, can someone recommend me a shoe with 1.5" - 2" heel or creeper sole? I'd prefer something cheaper that I can use as a pair of beaters... or should I just get something nicer and add vibram?

it would costs you around 60 (maybe a little less for you, depending on your location) to get soles or your shoes replaced for vibram boots. those soles look good on pretty much anything.

prada made some nice creepers, but i dont know if they are in your price range.

i've seen a few people with those t.u.k. ones. they're alright, but the leather is quite cheap.

buy some dr martens shoes and ask your cobbler to add stacked soles?

I've seen a few people with added stacked soles/platforms (all sized/heights) and it looks great.

a few people on here has some creepers (i only remember MRIP tho).pm him for questions?

I'm in desperate need of some black skinny jeans. What would you guys suggest in the <$100 range?

you can get a pair of acne hex cash (best jeans) for 100-110 if you're lucky. i,ve ssen a few pairs on sufu (worn a few times)

lot's of people love the julian red hoboken dark dancers too, but i dont really know much about them.

april77 makes ok skinny jeans and you can get some black ones for less than 100 easily (?)

don't go with cheap monday. they suck.

Are there any remedies for shoes with nasty heel bite?

I'm not sure what you mean by "heel bite", but I'm guessing some type of discomfort in the heel of a shoe. It depends on the shoe. Is it a leather shoe? Odd enough I was looking up information on this the other day and found something in the SZ small questions thread, rather than reproduce it here I'll just refer you to Page 143-144. I haven't tried the techniques described, but I thought you might find it helpful.

it would costs you around 60 (maybe a little less for you, depending on your location) to get soles or your shoes replaced for vibram boots. those soles look good on pretty much anything.

prada made some nice creepers, but i dont know if they are in your price range.

i've seen a few people with those t.u.k. ones. they're alright, but the leather is quite cheap.

buy some dr martens shoes and ask your cobbler to add stacked soles?

I've seen a few people with added stacked soles/platforms (all sized/heights) and it looks great.

Thanks for the reply! I'm pretty close to buying those Dr Martens ss11 wingtips you posted on your bloggg, really love the blue but the grey might be more useful.

Do you have any good pics of people wearing stacked soles?

saw them in person and some pictures that i didnt saved/wont be able to find.

something that i've been meaning to do for over a year but i cant find the people for this:

garethpughdrmartensplat.jpg

get staked soles added to "dr martens" boots for his fall-winter 2005-2006 show

edit this luxirare girl did by herself (??) some platform boots and she just glued layers of crepe.

Could somebody please tell me how Lanvin's Dress shoes/boots will fit?

I want this dress shoe/boot thing from the current winter season....

Iam a 41 in CP, a real 42 in dress shoes (UK8). For their sneakers I would need Lanvin sz. 7, right?

for non-sneakers? How tall in the boot and is it the back zip? I would say go for a 7 if the shoe isn't high and 8 for knee length/take in account multiple pairs of socks. My tall pair are much tighter than the mid boot I have.

I'm not sure what you mean by "heel bite", but I'm guessing some type of discomfort in the heel of a shoe. It depends on the shoe. Is it a leather shoe? Odd enough I was looking up information on this the other day and found something in the SZ small questions thread, rather than reproduce it here I'll just refer you to Page 143-144. I haven't tried the techniques described, but I thought you might find it helpful.

I don't know if it's a standard term, but I was referring to shoes that bite into the top of your heel in the back, where the calcaneal tendon would be. They're a pair of leather broques.

Shoe trees, maybe?

I don't know if it's a standard term, but I was referring to shoes that bite into the top of your heel in the back, where the calcaneal tendon would be. They're a pair of leather broques.

Shoe trees, maybe?

No, I don't believe shoe trees will help with your issue - they are for preserving shape and absorbing moisture. I'm not a footwear expert, however, if the fit is not the issue then I'm guessing the leather in the heel hasn't broken in enough and is giving you trouble. I would still suggest checking out those two pages on SZ as the OP had a similar issue. One member mentioned explaining the issue to a cobbler and they "broke" or loosened the back by hammering. Use your own discretion. Hope you fix the issue and can start enjoying your broques.

I have a pair of red wings 8138. I'm wondering if i'm allowed to use the red wing leather cleaner? Their site said i could take a cloth and soak it with the leather cleaner, but the bottle said not to use on waterproof leather. So am I allowed to use it? Or are the 8138's not waterproof?