small questions thread (use before making a new thread!)

minya

So i need a new suit, and i'm torn because i don't know which way to go

Traditionally, i buy my suits from Moores (yes, i know i know) cause they're good everyday wear, for cheap.

These days, i don't wear suits at all (business casual), but i need formal wear for upcoming weddings, events, etc

I don't want to go back to moores (hell, they have 2 for 1 suits going on right now and i'm not interested)

my options are

a) ebay (anybody ever done this? i've seen lots of untailored suits on ebay, but i'm reluctant)

B) Holt / Harry and see what i can find, although i'm unsure what i'll find there and (my perception at the moment) fear that i'll be buying an overpriced Moores suit

c) Other small stores

d) buy off sufu / SF and get it altered

e) get one of those made to order suits based on my measurements.

Anybody shed any light as to which way to go?

I bought an APC suit off ebay for $300. When it arrived it fit in the shoulders and chest well, but the jacket was slightly long, the sleeves long, the pants baggy, and needing to be hemmed. I took it to http://www.yelp.ca/biz/xavier-custom-tailors-toronto and told him what I wanted and I think the results were really impressive. I got tons of compliments on it at the wedding I attended. Pretty much as long as it fits in the shoulders, you can get whatever else altered.

are you buying it just because its UC?

dude! the internet is not real!

reassess your priorities

go fall in love

spend that jawnz money on hookers and coke

i'm not a fan of the detailing

thanks for the help with the suit, guys

@lmaozedong - i saw your suit and contemplated it....i just worry it might be too slim

also, i wear a 40L usually, so the jacket might be a bit short

i'll definitely have to look at all my measurements and make my decision from there

thanks for the help with the suit, guys

@lmaozedong - i saw your suit and contemplated it....i just worry it might be too slim

also, i wear a 40L usually, so the jacket might be a bit short

i'll definitely have to look at all my measurements and make my decision from there

Also take a look at Shades of Gray (the Micah Cohen side). Suiting starts around $300 for jacket and pant, and the fits are pretty solid off the rack. Some minor tailoring and you're there.

4548718068999_m_1.jpg

what style of sneakers are these - tennis sneakers? any recommendations for durable ones - the heels on the muji ones i bought started wearing through a week into wearing them

Common Projects Achilles Low are amazing, they never seem to fall apart and they have a really classic & simple profile.