small questions thread (use before making a new thread!)

minya

After scouring Rakuten for a bit I found this:

http://store.shopping.yahoo.co.jp/ttt-store/tr20.html

Hate the label, it's probably not the best quality, but silhouette-wise it's a smaller version of the non-native bag. Ordering shit like this is always a roll of the dice, but it's the best I got.

how does undercover stuff fit?

is it consistent from season to season

i know theyre shit fits small

so if im a 46-48 biggish 46 smallish 48 should i cop size3?

thx

sizing is very consistent. i'm 44-46 and wear size 2.

anybody know where i can cop adidas resplit lo in the US? NYC?

she loves shit like YSL and miu miu.

Won't get her a cdg wallet. I don't think you guys know how Jbeezies roll.

Probably gonna get her something from Kitson.

I don't know if this is a late pass, but I 'll second this. I think Kitson accessories are an integral part of TAB style. They always have a huge table of jewelry/accessories that you see everywhere in those jbeezy magazines, vivi, pinky, etc.

okay so i just picked up a new leather jacket (will post pic when i get home), and i have a bit of a quarrel with its shine. it is squeaky and i hate that

google recommended a whole slew of different answers, ranging from wearing it in, conditioning it, washing it and then conditioning it, using alcohol (?), etc.

wondering if anyone here has successfully gotten rid of squeakiness? i'm guessing the best (and safest) way would be to simply wear it in

I don't know if this is a late pass, but I 'll second this. I think Kitson accessories are an integral part of TAB style. They always have a huge table of jewelry/accessories that you see everywhere in those jbeezy magazines, vivi, pinky, etc.

thanks broseph

she knows fashun more than an average j beezy e.g. faliero sarti

but i don't wanna give her something that's super crazy ala natalia brilli spiked bracelet

the only problem about giving jbeezy presents is that there is NOTHING you can't buy in tokyo

i guess it's the thought that counts

Anyone know a cheaper alternative to the yuketen maine guide boots?

I'm in love with them but I don't have 600 dollars to spend on boots, maybe something in the 2-300 range?

These are them if anyone is wondering

http://www.tresbienshop.net/en/art/yuketen-maine-guide-boots-brown.php?_ctl

(stole pics from styleforum thread)

the quoddy maine guide is a bit cheaper.. the yukes look better though

quoddyMaine-Woods-Vibram-Grp.jpg

So i need a new suit, and i'm torn because i don't know which way to go

Traditionally, i buy my suits from Moores (yes, i know i know) cause they're good everyday wear, for cheap.

These days, i don't wear suits at all (business casual), but i need formal wear for upcoming weddings, events, etc

I don't want to go back to moores (hell, they have 2 for 1 suits going on right now and i'm not interested)

my options are

a) ebay (anybody ever done this? i've seen lots of untailored suits on ebay, but i'm reluctant)

B) Holt / Harry and see what i can find, although i'm unsure what i'll find there and (my perception at the moment) fear that i'll be buying an overpriced Moores suit

c) Other small stores

d) buy off sufu / SF and get it altered

e) get one of those made to order suits based on my measurements.

Anybody shed any light as to which way to go?

Traditionally, i buy my suits from Moores (yes, i know i know) cause they're good everyday wear, for cheap.

These days, i don't wear suits at all (business casual), but i need formal wear for upcoming weddings, events, etc

I don't want to go back to moores (hell, they have 2 for 1 suits going on right now and i'm not interested)

my options are

a) ebay (anybody ever done this? i've seen lots of untailored suits on ebay, but i'm reluctant)

B) Holt / Harry and see what i can find, although i'm unsure what i'll find there and (my perception at the moment) fear that i'll be buying an overpriced Moores suit

c) Other small stores

if you think your weight/build is gonna stay pretty steady, i say invest in a MTM suit.

unless you take it to a 'good tailor', there is the possibility that they will tailor things to whatever they THINK will fit (e.g. sometimes with too much allowance/room). also, makes no sense to send cheap shit to a good tailor.

really depends on your budget. ..

i've had a great experience with thick as thieves (aka jason/Get Smart on sufu/sf) for a basic 2-button suit that i wear to interviews and events. he has a decent fabric selection, and the construction is canvassed. if you are in his local area, LA area, jason will meet up with you and measure you personally. you probably can't do this though, so you would need to send him measurements. if i recall correctly, i got mine for about $500 with the 'sf discount'.

my options are

c) Other small stores

solution: buy mine! http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=228967

I'm beasting over an Undercover coat and wonder if I should go with size 3/III or 4/IV !?

I'm usually a EU48 or a small EU50 ( if I want to wear a thick sweater under it ) in most coats. 18" shoulder width and 20.5" chest width are pretty much ideal for me...

Any opinions ?

Bump...

Anyone ?

I'm beasting over an Undercover coat and wonder if I should go with size 3/III or 4/IV !?

I'm usually a EU48 or a small EU50 ( if I want to wear a thick sweater under it ) in most coats. 18" shoulder width and 20.5" chest width are pretty much ideal for me...

Any opinions ?

Bump...

Anyone ?

do the BoO Sperry Topsiders run the same as regular topsiders? Can't find an answer but Tres Bien says they run small and to size up one...and they don't carry half sizes either. I wear a size 10 in Sperry topsiders, and I was thinking of just getting the same in the BoO Sperry's.

do the BoO Sperry Topsiders run the same as regular topsiders? Can't find an answer but Tres Bien says they run small and to size up one...and they don't carry half sizes either. I wear a size 10 in Sperry topsiders, and I was thinking of just getting the same in the BoO Sperry's.