small questions thread (use before making a new thread!)

minya

where can i buy a "portable steamer"?

i have no idea what's it called in English but my stylist buddy in the Japland just told me about this jawn.

It magically straightens all wrinkles in like 2 seconds.

I can ask my family to send it over but i'd rather buy it in the US.

http://amzn.to/aj7vlK

where can i buy a "portable steamer"?

i have no idea what's it called in English but my stylist buddy in the Japland just told me about this jawn.

It magically straightens all wrinkles in like 2 seconds.

I can ask my family to send it over but i'd rather buy it in the US.

http://amzn.to/aj7vlK

i have no idea what that amazon.jp link says..

1. I think it's either called a "Travel Steamer", "Handheld/Portable Steamer", or "Garment Steamer". Or a combination of those words together.

2. A good portable travel-size steamer is Jiffy ESTEAM Travel Steamer. About $50 bux on amazon usa. I use it often, it's compact enough to pack. whitney uses this same one too. Also good for freshening up suits that have been sitting too long on hangers in the closet.

3. It does removes wrinkles within a few seconds. Simple up-and-down motion on-top the garment with the steam-area lightly grazing wrinkled areas.

4. For ease of use, either buy the vertical ironing board OR just DIY make your own. I use a hook on a wall, and hang stuff from there whenever I steam. If you are not a mobile dude, you can also buy the big steamer, which is more effective (just not portable. also kinda big and ugly)

damn how am I supposed to break in a pair of leather sebago boat shoes? I just got a new pair and wore them around campus and I have blisters everywhere. I tried putting on two pairs of socks with these things just to see if I could break them in with pants or something but it's still painful.

if you want to break in a pair of leather shoes with the more comfort, wear them at home or when you need to run short errands, then switch to comfy shoes and eventually they'll be fine and you too.

^^^ thanks. Unfortunately it's super hot so I can't wear them out of the house with socks (always in shorts this time of year). My apartment is the size of a shoe box so Idk how broken in they'd get sitting at a desk with them on.

I guess I will wait for my blisters to heal and then just wear them to get groceries and stuff like that.