small questions thread (use before making a new thread!)

minya

Anyone have suggestions on some decent khakis (or something similar)? Nothing online, and that I can access here in Canada. Stores like gap, except that have slimmer cuts. Something for around $100 or less would be ideal.

Buy at Gap, take to tailor.

Black hi-top zig zag winos...where can I get these in NYC or online?

there's that joint on 2nd and 3rd run by a couple hacidic dudes that has them. it always looks closed. the guy will also try to sell them to you for $25 or 30. haggle to $15. they also do shoe repair (maybe?) and have fake jordans.

new to this topic: so i'm an idiot and washed my waxed Acne jacket instead of taking it to the dry cleaners and now the waxing came off. can anyone link me to a FAQ on waxing cotton since i have no idea where to start. should i even DIY the rewaxing or leave it to the pros?

Guest umhaha84
is there a thread here about headphones (for mp3 / dj use) thought i saw one before.... forgot what it was called

thanks

I don't remember the exact title but it had Hi-Fi in it.

hi, does anyone know where I can find desert boots similar to Clarks in Melbourne? I think Clarks wont be available in Australia till later this year

I'm in Perth. Had to order mine online from Shoebuy. Not the best price, but they deliver to Oz, Zappos and others don't. Make sure about sizing though, sending them back would be very expensive. The Aussie dollar is about on par with the rupee now though.

alifechuck1.jpg

w320.png

Alife make something that looks a lot like Clarks, but with some sort of wetsuit type material inside to stop your feet slipping around, unfortunately for about 3 times the price, and without the crepe sole. Look a bit lame actually... That's a shit recommendation. This particular colorway highlights the shitness.

b452bl.gif

w320.png

If you wanted to spend that kind of money, RM Williams do a leather sole Simpson boot that looks pretty slick. Try them on in the shop and buy them online @ Nungar. AU$260. Cheapest I've found online. Maybe not what you had in mind though.

On the subject, how does everyone feel about desert boots with shorts? I'm trying to think of shoes to wear with shorts this summer, and I'm thinking that could be really cool. Does anyone have any pictures of desert boots with shorts?

Also, what do you think about the new Sebago boots? I'm thinking those might be cool with shorts too.

I'm planning to buy a Julius Jersey longsleeve and just wanted to know if people usually size up on julius or if they are spot on bc I know they stretch out a bit.

Let me know if you can help.

Thanks.

I made a thread for this in supershopper: Does anybody knoe of an online store or shop that sells flats that have arch support and a reinforced interior. My poor girlfriend's feet look like they've been bound. She might as well walk barefoot. If anybody could help me I will be your slave. Thanks!

<3

Just a question about extra charges i could get for buying something from abroad.

Say i wanted to buy an item or items worth about £50 ($74) from an individual seller in the US and i wanted it delivered to the UK, what kind of extra charges could i expect? I know about customs duty but i'm wondering if it still applies to these personal kind of trades and if so how much it would be roughly?

Thanks for any advice on this matter

Say i wanted to buy an item or items worth about £50 ($74) from an individual seller in the US and i wanted it delivered to the UK, what kind of extra charges could i expect? I know about customs duty but i'm wondering if it still applies to these personal kind of trades and if so how much it would be roughly?

Make sure the sender clearly marks said item as gift and even if it's insured for £500 it shouldn't matter.

The most you'll probably have to pay is a Royal Mail handling fee of £5-£10 if anything.

has skull jeans in harajuku shut down/moved. used to be on cat street on the second floor of the building near the eastpack shop, right? couldn't find it last weekend - of course i lose track of shit in the maze of tokyo all the time.

can anyone tell me where the Skull Jeans (fab four) shop is located?

thank you very much