small questions thread (use before making a new thread!)

minya

They're about the same, very negligible as HK doesn't have any sales tax.

I haven't been to the Uniqlo store in Festival Walk (Kowloon Tong) in awhile but the "Mira" (recently changed name from The Miramar in Tsim Sha Tsui) is undergoing renovations so they have little to nothing.

Can't comment on Kowloon Bay or Causeway Bay Uniqlo's either.

They're about the same, very negligible as HK doesn't have any sales tax.

I haven't been to the Uniqlo store in Festival Walk (Kowloon Tong) in awhile but the "Mira" (recently changed name from The Miramar in Tsim Sha Tsui) is undergoing renovations so they have little to nothing.

Can't comment on Kowloon Bay or Causeway Bay Uniqlo's either.

I went to the Causeway Bay Uniqlo when I was on vacation this summer and it had the most stock out of all the Uniqlo's in HK.

Does anyone know of a great kinda cheap stretch black jean ?

you want black with white weft (like black raws) or black overdye. J. Lindenberg makes some solid fitting jeans that look good and are comfy (i think 2% stretch). They have a skinny new cureish fit and a fit between new standard and new cure that is pretty nice (jay fit). I have a pair of Jays and like them a good deal. I got mine from a sample sale for cheap. They had some on gilt awhile back and you can probably find them on sale somewhere or ebay.

I'm 16 years old, I am lucky enough to really be able to buy most anything as long as it's reasonable for a teenager.

I have a pretty slim build. Nearly size 27 waist, so I prefer, form fitting clothing.

I wear lots of jeans and I am planning to buy some raw denim soon. I'm curious what brands you'd recommend with decent prices (AKA not 700$ for a teens jacket) from anything involving shirts, to belts, to shoes, whatever

But is considered fashionable.

I'm basically looking to develop my own style.

Suggestions? Tips? Anything. If anything I need a little bit of education on fashion

ok, I'm just gonna go ahead and be the first to say it: Lurk more. Follow the WAYWT thread, google brands, go to sites like urbanoutfitters.com/revolveclothing.com/tobi.com and look at lookbooks and spreads to see what interests you. We can't tell you what you want to wear because we are not you and that would completely negate the point of "building your own style". So do yourself a favor and just start browsing threads that catch your eye, pay special attention to the WAYWT and recent purchases thread and then go from there. If you have more specific questions about jean cuts, consult the superdenim part of the forum. Don't stray much farther or else you'll find yourself being assaulted by posters for stupid questions like these. In closing: just snoop around, don't post unless you think its absolutely necessary, and just try and learn things. Start here @ supershopper and superdenim, investigate threads, find out stores, etc. and try to develop your aesthetic interest from there. Like I said before, we can't dress you, only you can dress you. Just try and figure it out for yourself.

Does anyone know of a slim-fitting, unadorned baseball jacket that maybe comes in a couple of different colors? I know BoO did one a while ago but I'm probably not going to be able to track one down. I'm getting frustrated with the middling fit of vintage ones.

Comme ca:

Fred Perry does some. I think they call it a monkey jacket or something like that. I forget but they look the same.

ok, I'm just gonna go ahead and be the first to say it: Lurk more. Follow the WAYWT thread, google brands, go to sites like urbanoutfitters.com/revolveclothing.com/tobi.com and look at lookbooks and spreads to see what interests you. We can't tell you what you want to wear because we are not you and that would completely negate the point of "building your own style". So do yourself a favor and just start browsing threads that catch your eye, pay special attention to the WAYWT and recent purchases thread and then go from there. If you have more specific questions about jean cuts, consult the superdenim part of the forum. Don't stray much farther or else you'll find yourself being assaulted by posters for stupid questions like these. In closing: just snoop around, don't post unless you think its absolutely necessary, and just try and learn things. Start here @ supershopper and superdenim, investigate threads, find out stores, etc. and try to develop your aesthetic interest from there. Like I said before, we can't dress you, only you can dress you. Just try and figure it out for yourself.

Yeah I got that, and trust me on the lurk moar, I know.

Really I was just looking for the websites and the thing you mentioned.(lookbooks)

Sounds good. Been browsing threads and am not sure what's going on half the time but I'm picking up. Not asking to be babied :)

By suggestions and tips I was just asking like you said for starter sites to check out and stuff like that.

Thank you very much sir.

Yeah I got that, and trust me on the lurk moar, I know.

Really I was just looking for the websites and the thing you mentioned.(lookbooks)

Sounds good. Been browsing threads and am not sure what's going on half the time but I'm picking up. Not asking to be babied :)

By suggestions and tips I was just asking like you said for starter sites to check out and stuff like that.

Thank you very much sir.

here's the shortlist:

www.oaknyc.com

www.blueingreensoho.com

www.contextclothing.com

www.tobi.com

www.revolveclothing.com

helloblackbird.blogspot.com

www.activeendeavors.com

www.ebay.com

go forth and kopp.

Question.

I really like the fit of BDG skinny jeans at urban outfitters, but their quality could be alot better. Are there any other brands that fit similar?

The Levis 511 rise is too high for me, the BDG rise is perfect, not too high or low. They have some room in the seat, and the legs are nice and slim without being skin tight.

I'm size 32.

here is the link , the picture shows the fit really well.

http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urban/catalog/productdetail.jsp;jsessionid=649735CA982805D718A7F2C14CB38ADF.app11-node2?itemdescription=true&itemCount=10&startValue=1&selectedProductColor=&sortby=product.displayName&id=15062573&parentid=M_APP_JEANS&sortProperties=product.displayName&navCount=75&navAction=poppushpushpush&color=