small questions thread (use before making a new thread!)

minya

difference between the rocky zip-up Fleece Hoodie from alternative apparel and a flex fleece from amaerican apparel? (in terms of quality and cut)

http://www.alternativeapparel.com/Shop/ItemDetails.aspx?ProductID=444&CategoryID=30&Overstock=False&Section=&SectionUrl=&Consumer=Y

http://store.americanapparel.net/f497.html

thanks

this image is from the movie "reprise." a blog brought it to my attention.

YSL t-shirt?? WTF?!? i doubt i'll get any help here, but i want the 411 and this tee.

[img ]http://www.skeletonlegs.com/pictures/FW0809/reprise-film/reprise-yves-saint-laurent-shirt2.jpg[/img]

[img ]http://www.skeletonlegs.com/pictures/FW0809/reprise-film/reprise-yves-saint-laurent-shirt3.jpg[/img]

man they fucking partied like rockstars in that movie.

surely some of you nugs have ipod touch, true it can play regular mp3's without conversion to some shitty apple codec? and also manage the library with mediamonkey?

Idk about mediamonkey but...

Itunes>preferences>advanced>importing

then change it to the Mp3 encoder and whatever quality you want.

surely some of you nugs have ipod touch, true it can play regular mp3's without conversion to some shitty apple codec? and also manage the library with mediamonkey?

do you know what a codec is? of course an ipod can play regular mp3's..do you mean they don't have to be encoded as AAC? mpeg4

Anyone know a relatively cheap brand for decent fitting plain tanks? I don't know if american apparel's various models, or alternative apparel, urban outfitters, h&m, club monaco, corpus, or something else on sale? I wanted to fuck around and use some paint my friend had lying around and do a peasant class ann d handprint tank or tee. Even a tee if it is relatively cheap and kinda slouchy or something. I dunno, just asking

Also, if anyone knew where i could find that Fourth Sex book for non-rape prices i'd really appreciate it.

Common Projects' Nylon Training Boot might be up your alley. Here's what a poster on StyleForum had to say about them:

The nylon boot is pretty awesome. I wore those through that tropical storm that just hit new york and they are great. I got stuck visiting my girlfriend @ college but I am glad I had these wannabe rainboots. The downside is that being lined in nappa leather + nylon outer + blackness = hot feet.
water doesnt soak through unless it goes through the tongue area down the sides. I waterproofed mine with that junk you buy at footlocker, who knows if that actually does anything. Water will actually bead up and roll off just like an umbrella.

My feet stayed dryer than if I wore beater sneakers and about as dry as if I had a proper pair of boots - however at least I dont have to trash a decent pair now that I have these.

These will probably be my go-to foul weather beaters , like what you had in mind. As for snow, im sure it would cut it too, but at that point I'd probably wear regular boots.

a sidenote. they are fully lined, tongue and uppers and everything in nappa leather or whatever, so its like a non breathable glove for your feet. I don't have sweaty feet but you will definitely notice the lack of ventilation regardless.

do you know what a codec is? of course an ipod can play regular mp3's..do you mean they don't have to be encoded as AAC? mpeg4

Yes I know what a codec is....

(Although I guess i should have said: without the need to convert to a shitty apple format with a shitty apple codec)

I was under the impression that to play mp3's on ipods. they had to be re-encoded in apples proprietary format: aac. This not only takes time and harddrive space, but is annoying as hell.

Audio formats supported: AAC (16 to 320 Kbps), Protected AAC (from iTunes Store), MP3 (16 to 320 Kbps), MP3 VBR, Audible (formats 2, 3, and 4), Apple Lossless, AIFF, and WAV

Seeing as they list AAC and MP3 Separately, I'm thinking I won't need to convert my 140gig music library.

bdu tanks are fairly heavy and well made. like $7 or so bucks at any army navy. i have a lot of h&m tanks for the gym and they've held up pretty well. $5 each.

Anyone know a relatively cheap brand for decent fitting plain tanks? I don't know if american apparel's various models, or alternative apparel, urban outfitters, h&m, club monaco, corpus, or something else on sale? I wanted to fuck around and use some paint my friend had lying around and do a peasant class ann d handprint tank or tee. Even a tee if it is relatively cheap and kinda slouchy or something. I dunno, just asking

Also, if anyone knew where i could find that Fourth Sex book for non-rape prices i'd really appreciate it.

GELLER RIBBED A-SHlRT

PICT9901.jpg

Aghhh so sex. $110 though. It looks like I've finally found the middle one in 44 so I'm pretty excited.

As for cheap I wear AA fine jersey tanks almost every day. Not bad for $18.

I ain't puttin up $110 for a tank at the moment. Just don't think i'd get enough out of it. Thanks for the AA tip though. I figured they'd be a source but i really don't want to have to go to the store here and try shit on and buy it. So much judgement.

bdu tanks are fairly heavy and well made. like $7 or so bucks at any army navy. i have a lot of h&m tanks for the gym and they've held up pretty well. $5 each.

No h&m near me, but i'll check out my milsurp store.

How slim are Acne Max compared to April 77 Joeys?

Joeys are much slimmer. Max are slimmer than say new standards, but they're not really a "skinny" jean like the joey unless you size down on them too much or something. Max seems to be a pretty nice fit. Be careful as acne jeans all fit differently depending on the wash even if the fit name is the same.