small questions thread (use before making a new thread!)

minya

You get variations in the colour of the denim, making it look more "genuine", usually appears in better denim that has been subjected to more dips in good indigo dye, gives it a bigger range of colour when it fades.

Here is a good example, taken from the Evolution of Jeans thread (credit to denimdestroyedmylife):

vertdf4.jpg

Notice the striation vertically and the colour changes. Thats slubby.

Does anyone have any information about Ralph Lauren Black Label suits? quality of the suits, etc...

IIRC, made in Italy by Cantarelli. Not top-of-the-line (canvassed, handwork, etc.), but a very nice suit nonetheless. You're paying for the styling, which is more modern and slimmer than polo, obviously. Overpriced at full retail, but if you like the cut, probably worth it. I don't own any--too slim for me and I like my suits on sale.

where to get men's Havaianas in New York? (except for urban outfitters).

What's wrong with UO? I mean, you're already buying havianas. I think scoop sells them.

Is there a way to auto-send e-mails with tracking info to buyers on eBay after I print out the stamps on paypal?

It's really annoying how buyers keep nagging me with "where my stuff at" e-mails.

Is there a way to auto-send e-mails with tracking info to buyers on eBay after I print out the stamps on paypal?

It's really annoying how buyers keep nagging me with "where my stuff at" e-mails.

when you print the shipping label via paypal, the buyer is automatically sent confirmation and a delivery confirmation number (if you ship 1st class or higher with delivery confirm). the problem is that the USPS.com site doesn't update status until delivery unless the barcode is manually scanned at a post office (if you just drop it in a bin, or with your outgoing mail, it's not).

when you print the shipping label via paypal, the buyer is automatically sent confirmation and a delivery confirmation number (if you ship 1st class or higher with delivery confirm). the problem is that the USPS.com site doesn't update status until delivery unless the barcode is manually scanned at a post office (if you just drop it in a bin, or with your outgoing mail, it's not).

Hmm. Interesting.

Why the hell are all these buyers asking me for tracking numbers...?

are they asking you for tracking numbers? or are they asking, "how come it says 'no record of this item' when i check the number?" my customers have been asking me that a lot lately, and i think it had something to do with paypal/usps updating their system software. it seems to be better the last few days...

that's all i got, though :o

Is this Pea Coat too small for me or would you say the fit is just right? Normally, I wear Mediums in everything. I'm 6'1, 165 lbs. I have somewhat broad shoulders and a pretty skinny silhouette. This is an Inapt Pea Coat, a medium, and I think it's a size too small. It feels a bit tight in the shoulders, but considering it is supposed to be slim-fit, I was't sure.

Oh, and I realize it's out of season, but I just bought it over the marketplace and wanted to see if it fit right. I think it may go on the Supermarket, so if you have a large Inapt coat for trade or some cash, watch for it :P

P1010255.jpg