small questions thread (use before making a new thread!)

minya

i really like the design/shape of these leather chukkas, can anyone recommend any other brands that make a boot like these? im looking for an ankle boot but doesnt have to be chukka. regular leather grain or suede are both ok, something comfortable and casual, not too dressy.. i'm looking for some options before i get one. also considering Clarks desert boots. any recommendations would be greatly appreciated

5089-322282-p.jpg

5089-322282-3.jpg

does anyone have a comme des garcons zip wallet? what is the quality like? i found some for like $78, is there a cheaper place to get them? thanks.

Bit of a late reply, but I have one and it's very good quality IMO. A friend says her friend has had one for 8 years and it's still going strong.

i wanted to get a shirt made(just for myself), cut&sewn and screen printed, how much would it cost and where can i get it done in vancouver bc? i've looked around and haven't been able to find a place that would do a custom order like this. would my only option be to buy a blank AA shirt and have that screen printed?

Fujiya & Miyagi?

Yes! Thank you, Steph. ALSO, anyone know of any GOOD FURNITURE STORES in Chicago's CENTRAL LAKE VIEW area?

I'm meeting a friend to see Gomez at the Vic with a friend from college. Would like to get there early and check out some furniture for the apartment.

Guest jmatsu
hey wanted to know how old school fit in comparison to vans slipons. i feel the slipons run true to size and wondered if the old school's fit the same or bigger/smaller. thanks

alot of the oldschool depends on the material/fabric used and how you lace it.

i would say that the slipons of late have been a little smaller. so go a half size up.

the old school for stiff and premium leathers puts pressure on the toes. size up. for soft cottons, i would say that they are true too size.

just be safe and try the shoes on. or if you have a specifc model you were thinking of ordering, ask away.

i really like the design/shape of these leather chukkas, can anyone recommend any other brands that make a boot like these? im looking for an ankle boot but doesnt have to be chukka. regular leather grain or suede are both ok, something comfortable and casual, not too dressy.. i'm looking for some options before i get one. also considering Clarks desert boots. any recommendations would be greatly appreciated

i would try ebay, search chukka, suede, boots or some combination of those words, and look for shoes made in ENGLAND or SWITZERLAND, you can get some very nice, high quality boots for a lot less than they are worth because it probably won't be a brand name, however the downsize is that the chances that it will fit perfect is low so you may have to buy and resell a few pairs before finding a great one but from experience it's worth it.

Thank for the response on the jeans, I just got them and I love 'em. Now for the new question. I am looking for a very plain black leather hi-top, something like the Common Projects Achilles but preferably cheaper, any suggestions or do I need to just nut up and buy the CP's?

i dont understand this question.

are you saying you cant find trousers 29x34 or 30x34 for under $100?

gap, uniqlo, h m, lvc, etc etc etc?

am i not getting something?

im having a hard time too. my waist is 28. i pciked up a pair of hm plaid trousers for 40 bucks but they are size 30 but are a tad too big. i have no idea if they make 28... :( if they do, i cant find it.