small questions thread (use before making a new thread!)

minya

need to overhaul my socks, too many that have thinned out and too many with holes in them. My question is: what thread combo is best for keeping the sweat in check? for comfort? high in cotton? I see all these new athletic socks these days with crazy combos cotton, poly, spandex, nylon, rayon etc. Comfort and sweat absorption is what I'm mainly concerned with.

i've never owned thin finn's before, and i just bought a pair of the waxed raw black denim in a size 27. i'm anywhere from a 25-29 depending on the brand (26 in dior, since thats probably what most of you are familiar with), but the last pair of nudies i owned ran pretty damn small. should i have gone with a 26, or did i get the right size?

...maybe i should have asked before i purchased them.

Where can I buy Double Identity shoes in the US? Preferably online but I'm also going to Chicago this weekend. Their website (www.doubleidentity.net) wasn't much help, and the only retailer I've found that has any in stock is Milk (http://www.shopatmilk.com/category/14/5/0) which doesn't have the pair I want. Specifically looking for these two:

2204755910098872658S425x425Q85.jpg

2673259060098872658S425x425Q85.jpg

Also, do they run true to size?

i've never owned thin finn's before, and i just bought a pair of the waxed raw black denim in a size 27. i'm anywhere from a 25-29 depending on the brand (26 in dior, since thats probably what most of you are familiar with), but the last pair of nudies i owned ran pretty damn small. should i have gone with a 26, or did i get the right size?

...maybe i should have asked before i purchased them.

i think you got the right size...im under the impression that the thin finn's fit very similar to the slim jims...if so, you should be fine.

dumbass question:

ive have never gotten jeans tailored before, can i get them done at a local dry cleaners or a department store like macy's? i want to switch them from bootcut to a skinny/normal type bottom.

i think you got the right size...im under the impression that the thin finn's fit very similar to the slim jims...if so, you should be fine.

dumbass question:

ive have never gotten jeans tailored before, can i get them done at a local dry cleaners or a department store like macy's? i want to switch them from bootcut to a skinny/normal type bottom.

I agree, sizing up one on the Finn's is the way to go.

As for the tailoring, you need to do some searching for a local tailoring shop. Yes, the people at Macy's can do them, but I would try to find a menswear store that has more experience with clothes that are actually fashionable. Chances are, Macy's doesn't even sell skinny jeans and have no idea how they're supposed to fit.

dumbass question:

the local dry cleaning could probably do them if they advertise "alterations" but if it is a real expensive pair I would look up a tailor in the phone book or online in your area. If you already own a pair of style you want them to become, I recommend bringing them along so the tailor can measure them and make the bootcut ones similar. i've had this done and price was about $15-$20. hope this helps. I wouldn't advise Macy's as their staff may be more inclined to only work on clothes that they sell themselves, and may be pricier as it is a department store but I know the policy varies from store to store.

anybody know where i can get the same style jacket both halves of justice are wearing in this photo?

i cannot find that certain style!

Image31.png

the dirt(ier) looking one on the right is wearing a dior homme jacket (99.9% sure), looks like this one: http://page6.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/f50493008

For options much less than 2K I would try ebay, search "black vintage leather jacket" and go a size smaller than you normally wear in clothing now, ex, if you wear a size 40, search for 38's good luck

Should I size up when buying april77 grey colordrives? I'm a girl, 5'4" 100lb, but my legs aren't toothpicks. So I normally wear size 25, should I get 26? I want them to be slim fitting, but not skin tight.

I'm trying to find these product (red) converse X nom de guerre sneakers. I would need them to be availible via phone or online so i can have them sent to the UK. ThanksLACED_NOMDEGUERREXPRODUCTRE1.jpg

No offense, but have you tried calling ndg? Maybe odin? They're both in new york. I thought odin used to carry some ndg stuff for some reason.

disregard that april77 question. i'm told they stretch, so i should be fine. anyone know if these are made in US men's size 4 (women's 6)? i've searched a bit and it seems impossible. the converse site sells them in sizes way too big for me.

converse 3 strap ox white leather

400210876_d3d46e2d14_o.jpg

what the hell is the difference between headporter and porter?????????????????

head porter is only sold at the head porter shop in harajuku (officially that is...), while porter is sold wherever. headporter's tag is usually all black (lettering as well).