small questions thread (use before making a new thread!)

minya

I'm sorry, undershirts? Maybe Ralph Lauren or someone has some nice ones or something, I've never really considered the question. Do you mean like "wife beaters" or whatever the going terminology is these days?

I remember there was that one designer who popped up recently that was essentially the cashmere equivalent of American Apparel, maybe he'd have something. So far, there's no go-to "Superfuture Approved Undershirt," as far as I know, and I really don't know why Hanes wouldn't be sufficient.

well, I have tried various somewhat generic type undershirts such as Staffords, Hanes, Fruit of the Loom, etc, and each seems to have their own fit, some more thick feeling, some more contricting, tight, maybe too small of a collar around the neck, some a bit too loose, etc etc

not looking for a "go-to", just personal ideas and preferences

im also interested in hearing about different opinions on layering in terms of long sleeved shirts and polos and things like that, if anyone would care to share some knowledge

any advice please

If you mean wearing an undershirt as a normal shirt. THeres nothing wrong. Just make sure it's not superthin and light, like a hanes shirt. Sometimes it looks overly trashy. Try investing in Alternative or American apparel shirts. If you look in WAYWT, you'll see plenty of people with "undershirts" on.

If you mean wearing an undershirt as a normal shirt. THeres nothing wrong. Just make sure it's not superthin and light, like a hanes shirt. Sometimes it looks overly trashy. Try investing in Alternative or American apparel shirts. If you look in WAYWT, you'll see plenty of people with "undershirts" on.

im speaking pretty much in terms of layering

any idea of a place online to buy a pair of vans x mj black prison issues in a size 11?

I've only managed to find them on pickyourshoes.com but they don't have them in my size.

there is a seller who sells a bunch of mjxvans shoes on ebay.

im speaking pretty much in terms of layering

AA is fine for whenever. Layer with different colors, do whatever. What's nice about plain shirts is you don't really have to care much, just throw it on with whatever you want under it, whatever over it, and go out. It's fine.

anyone know where I can these gucci sneakers? I've looked at the site, and they're not there. Haven't had a chance to stop by the store. they're white with flat soles and the typical stripe pattern and have a gold G that's a separate piece from the actual shoe. Like metally. I saw someone with them on and really liked them.

Also does anyone know of any midthigh grey peacoats with a belt? Preferably with like a gray herringbone or houndstooth stich.

Does anyone know where I can get raw Levi's 514? If so are they cheap?

I looked on Levi's store and searched google, but i didn't find anything

http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=204004&CategoryID=21796&LinkType=EverGreen

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=23320&highlight=levis+514+rigid for more info on the jeans

How is vans sizing in general? how much of a change from my norm should I expect to make? and does it vary among different styles? what would the ballistics be for me if so?

i wear about a 9.5 US shoe size generally

if it has been asked i apologize, not sure what to search for specifically to find

still looking for an answer is possible, thanks

still looking for an answer is possible, thanks

I buy true to size in vans. I normally wear 10.5 in casual shoes and same goes for vans.

What is the term/name for the ripples/stripes/corrugation of corduroy? You know how some corduroys have them thick and others have them fine? I dunno how to describe them when I tell people that I like them thick.

It's called the 'wale'. Lower values are thicker. May also be referred to as 'wide-wale'.