small questions thread (use before making a new thread!)

minya

^ i think he knows a lot about smooth shaven suedes... from first hand experience ;-)

Does anyone have any experience with lad musician blazers? I've been eyeing some of the single button ones and I was wondering how the sizing works. I usually take a 34/44 in blazers but I know lad's sizing can be kinda weird.

Does anyone have any experience with lad musician blazers? I've been eyeing some of the single button ones and I was wondering how the sizing works. I usually take a 34/44 in blazers but I know lad's sizing can be kinda weird.

I'm a pretty true 36 and I fit well in the 44, but I've seen some 44s on the second-hand market that would be too tiny.  I could probably have gotten in a 46 without it looking odd too (besides the long sleeves).

I've tried on Lad Musician blazers from pretty much every single season since fall '09 and can say the sizing is incredibly consistent across many variations in shape and style. Some outliers do exist (think the drop shoulder ones from a season or two ago) but those are deliberate in design and easy to spot.

Lad 42 = small, boxy 44

The shoulders are somewhat wide with respect to size. I would not compare with the narrow shouldered, glove-like tailoring typical of Dior Homme and Saint Laurent. 

The combination of high armholes and Lad Musician's choice of thin, soft suiting fabrics make for something that is meant to drape (read: looks bad if filled out like a Band of Outsiders or Thom Browne jacket). If you are not particularly flat chested or trim in the body, you may want to size up. I am a slim 44. Lad 42's fit well and feel slightly more forgiving (roomier) than the Juun.J 44's I wear, to give you a better idea of the fit. 

Hope this helps!

Edited by pita bread

Looking to proxy a pair of shoes from eBay from the US to Canada. Can anyone provide any leads? I know of one (randomkoreandude) from StyleForum, but he's not answering my messages. 

Thanks in advance! 

Looking to proxy a pair of shoes from eBay from the US to Canada. Can anyone provide any leads? I know of one (randomkoreandude) from StyleForum, but he's not answering my messages. 

Thanks in advance! 

I think sutocorp can

^that's about 8-9 inches approx?? not too baggy imho. tried on some cdg carpenter pants the other day that probably sit in that range. looked pretty good when no break; also worked with a beefy cuff. imho once you start to get to wider pants it's more a question of silhouette + drape + how they'll fit your body type. i have a pair of y-3 trousers that have a similar width (based solely on eyeballing the hems laid flat) and they end up like this:

tumblr_npbflgS4RO1qa47z6o1_500.jpg
but i've noticed they drape forward more than they flare at the outseam/inseam so >_>

ive raw hemmed a pair of trouser just with scissor, didnt pay much didnt care, but i though of maybe going for a real hem at the tailor, can they still do something ? theyre almost at perfect lenght right now, so if its gonna shorten them a lot, fuck it ?

ive raw hemmed a pair of trouser just with scissor, didnt pay much didnt care, but i though of maybe going for a real hem at the tailor, can they still do something ? theyre almost at perfect lenght right now, so if its gonna shorten them a lot, fuck it ?

i'm far from an expert on these things but i assume the tailor can just give it a clean finish and it wouldn't take off much at all. just ask them and find out

any recs for lightweight running vests/bag/body bag things?

had my eye on CCP BA-T004c and fits pretty much everything that I'm looking for. Just would like to know other recs or options.

5_000000000090.jpg

For context this is just for casual outdoor jogs meant to carry my phone and bulky house keys. Was also considering one of those arm strap phone carriers.