small questions thread (use before making a new thread!)

minya

still ordered something on rakuten and they put as gift ( IVE ASKED CLEARLY ),  still got 138 $ of custom fee..

Fuckin canada, used to get no fees before when i ordered from japan..now 3 in a row.

canada is brutal but regardless of your country, marking it as gift can only do so much. the sender's address is still going to say "from japan limited" or the rakuten shop's name - obviously businesses so if a customs agent handles it and sees the label, he can figure it out easily. maybe they've learned to pay extra attention to packages from japan.

trying to update my skatewear with expensive joints.

besides caliroots and end, where can i cop palace online? located in the us.

You can buy online from Spares in Melbourne and The Outpost in Brisbane, as well as 290 square meters. That said, I know you already listed it, but Endclothing is probably your best bet, they do pretty big (and good buys)

^with lad musician, thats what the equivalent sizing is for their tag 44. the outsole measurement should give you a good indication in what proper shoe size that is. 31.5cm with that type of last is equivalent to a eu43-44, which is much to large for someone whos feet are 26.5-27cm.

Edited by swooc

What's with the new LN-CC models anyway? Looks like they're phasing out the old ones  :(

i would say they do it every season, just to keep things fresh. i am not sure though. the last guy works for ln-cc as a buyer, as well. 

Need Something just like 70s converse but wider. Or just not so narrow or curvy on the inner side. I have flat feet so they just eat over the shoe and it looks bad. Ive seen this problem with a couple posters here. Any recommendations?

edit: also cheaper is better

Edited by FiggRow

still ordered something on rakuten and they put as gift ( IVE ASKED CLEARLY ),  still got 138 $ of custom fee..

Fuckin canada, used to get no fees before when i ordered from japan..now 3 in a row.

Canadian customs agents are supposed to charge taxes and duties for gifts over $60. but they will deduct up to $60 when calculating fees on gifts. its $20 for merchandise and $60 for gifts. You have to mark down the value (and reduce your insurance coverage in the process) if you want lower fees. And label the item as something believable. ie. Carpes become used vintage shoes. Individual Sentiments cashmere 2-layer hoodie becomes a wool blanket, Givenchy rottweilers become generic graphic tees, etc

Edited by okayvin

Are all DBSS sneakers made in japan? If not what's the difference in quality if any?

I could be wrong, but I've heard that the japanese issues (the ones with the 1,2,3 sizing) were made in Japan whereas the american issues with standard american sizing (8,9,10) were made in China, but I might be wrong. No real idea about quality, sorry