small questions thread (use before making a new thread!)

minya

The tech fleece are probably the most comfortable sweats I own!

Aren't those sold out like everywhere? I looked for charcoal both in JPN and US but no dice.

Where can I find black scotch/pebble grain derbies on a crepe (creeper) sole?

Don't want to have to buy Alden, as the "Black Regina Grain Plain Toe Blucher" is probably the closest I've found, though I'd prefer a less sleek silhouette and a creeper sole

if u fit 9

http://www.oki-ni.com/footwear/mr-hare-men-s-bernhard-black-grain-derby-shoes-mrh1808blk.html

not exactly what u want but these the nicest pebble grain ive seen in a while

ACwUYpel.jpg

Is this kind of wear typical on docs or did I get a bad pair? They are MIE "grease black" and about 2-3 years old. I realize docs are kind of meant to be worn and not given a fuck about but the cracking looks pretty bad. I'm considering a new pair in different leather but if it's normal I'll pass. I put dubbin wax on them pretty regularly and they look better when I do, but I didnt use any until after they started cracking a bit so maybe that didnt help the matter.

I was wondering if I could get a general opinion from someone who knows apc about the quality of their knitwear? (not denim)

In particular I was looking at this: http://www.mrporter.com/product/395296

now please take into account I'm in high school and making Canadian minimum wage, so $240 shipped is the largest purchase Ill be making in a while lol

if anyone could straight up tell me if the purchase is worth it for knitwear or direct me to something better yet similar in the same price range (under 250) I would very much appreciate

thanks

It isn't really worth dropping 170 quid on a pretty staple looking jumper imo.. Not saying APC isn't quality, it is, but you can get just as nice woollen jumpers for much less. 

Or you could try and find it on sale, Mr Porter does fairly heavy reductions on things occasionally. 

Every single APC piece (maybe except jeans) I regretted buying. Boxy, weird silhouette. OK material. 

You live in ON. Why don't you go to Haven or Nomad and cop something on sale?

Got a couple of APC knits I've over the years and actually have one from years ago that is the same as the one you posted. 

I guess the wool is quite soft but I wish the sweaters were a bit more sturdy. The neckline on one of mine (the same as the one you posted) lost its shape after a few wears... and the others also don't seem to keep their shape as well as they should. 

Wouldn't buy anymore from APC. Check out Arpenteur and Howlin - some of the better wool sweaters I've got are from them.

Edited by danxf

Got a couple of APC knits I've over the years and actually have one from years ago that is the same as the one you posted. 

I guess the wool is quite soft but I wish the sweaters were a bit more sturdy. The neckline on one of mine (the same as the one you posted) lost its shape after a few wears... and the others also don't seem to keep their shape as well as they should. 

Wouldn't buy anymore from APC. Check out Arpenteur and Howlin - some of the better wool sweaters I've got are from them.

found a perfect replacement for the apc from howlin on haven shop, thanks for all the response

http://shop.havenshop.ca/products/stewart-charcoal-mix