small questions thread (use before making a new thread!)

minya

Is there a special code? ie 788ZI is the one with the metal heel. 788ZS is for a smaller shaft circumference

Is there a code for no seams?

788z in pig leather (yes, some are made without seam).

Your picture comes from Guyinc btw : http://www.guyiconsignment.com/product/guidi-788z-pig-skin-leather-back-zip-boot

ah! ok, so i wasn't going crazy. it's just a random no seam on some of them thing. ok thanks for that info. back on the hunt now. 

Being out here in Canada, I feel it's about time for me to get a new hoodie. I tend towards a more urban techwear style and I've been trying to find a good pullover for everyday wear that isn't $500 or something nuts for everyday wear. I've got a 66° North Vík right now, which while not the height of fashion certainly works for the weather. Anything else seems kind of lightweight, so far. Aether has one, but it looks super plain. Heard that the Arc'teryx Naga is a bit lightweight, though I don't know what kind of weather that person was dealing with, and the TAD Flux looks amazing but probably too light and possibly too bit for me, since I'm a fairly small guy.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Looking for lightweight chukka-style shoes and regular boots. 

I don't want Visvim, Yuketen, or Red Wings. I prefer something with vibram morflex.

What other choices are there besides

-Mark Mcnairy

-Diemme

-Japanese trickers

^cop those diemme on sale?

Where at?

edit: found these COS Chelsea boots with treaded soles but they don't sell em anymore. i'm wondering if there's anything like them right now? i plan on wearing them in the snow so leather soles are a no-go

DdDdn8T.jpg

nMteTGI.jpg

Edited by wrong_move

Any recommendations for a minimalistic cardholder, preferably black or other neutral color.

Depends on your budget really

Everlane has a nice looking one for a pretty good price

https://www.everlane.com/collections/mens-leather-wallets/products/mens-cardcase-black

But Acne and Saint Laurent both do nice minimalistic ones at a bit steeper price. 

http://www.ssense.com/men/product/saint_laurent/black_leather_classic_cardholder/78657

http://www.mrporter.com/product/371900?cm_sp=YMAL-_-371900-_-slot3

Or perhaps if you're looking for more slots there's Burberry but it's not as minimalistic. 

http://www.mrporter.com/product/361239

Hope this helps. 

Where at?

edit: found these COS Chelsea boots with treaded soles but they don't sell em anymore. i'm wondering if there's anything like them right now? i plan on wearing them in the snow so leather soles are a no-go

Ssense. most of the good sizes are gone. Dimme is something I've been thinking about but I've never seen them IRL and don't know the sizing. Also, hiking shoes is kinda of "in" but I don't know if I'll wear them for more than a season.

Edited by herpsky

Ssense. most of the good sizes are gone. Dimme is something I've been thinking about but I've never seen them IRL and don't know the sizing. Also, hiking shoes is kinda of "in" but I don't know if I'll wear them for more than a season.

Yeah I would never buy them unless they were going for $150 or something. Never really got the appeal of "hiking boots" with white soles, aside from being a step up from sneakers. I have these Monitalys and the soles are awful for snowy sidewalks

13661-01.jpg

Maybe I'm just gonna buy a pair of leather Palladiums to get through this winter lol

Bought these rick pants a few days ago and am noticing how tight the waist is now. I'm wondering if I'm able to alter them a bit because other than the tight waist they fit fucking amazingly, they just get a little uncomfortable after a while. There are two seams on the seat of the pants and I'm wondering if my tailor will be able to let them out for me. Would you risk it? Can it be done? They're amazing pants, and I really wanna get them fitting right.

jiDzeum.jpg

inside ^

VNGv9pl.jpg

^ outside

Thanks in advance.

if they are made like dress pants with overlapping fabric over the center seam, they can be taken out. otherwise, it's not worth messing around with

Just bought a pair of Hender Schemes and the soles look pretty shabby. Is it best to take them to a local boot repair shop to get a new pair of soles fitted? How does resoling in general work? Also i'm looking specifically for the vibram ripple soles, does anyone know where I can pick up a pair of replacements online? 

You can either get them completely resoled or have a protective sole added to the bottom if you want to keep the original sole and get a layer of protection. You'd probably want to do the latter. I usually just buy the soles I want online and take them to my cobbler.