small questions thread (use before making a new thread!)

minya

thinking of buying a small lamp from japan, i looked into the voltage between usa and jp, they are quite similar. has anyone experienced any problems operating similar devices in the usa, also the bulbs are they universal? thanks

thinking of buying a small lamp from japan, i looked into the voltage between usa and jp, they are quite similar. has anyone experienced any problems operating similar devices in the usa, also the bulbs are they universal? thanks

Universal. As long as the lamp doesn't use a whole lot of juice, you'll be ok. I've never had issues with small appliances. I think you'll be ok as long as you don't use halogen bulbs or something. When my folks lived in the states, we brought a bunch of stuff from JPN, we didn't really have any issues.

Hair dryers and rice cookers, which use a whole lot of electricity, wouldn't work without a transformer. 

Edited by herpsky

do jeans with 34" inseam vs 32" inseam have the same cut (just the former is longer at the bottom), or is the taper on a 34 different?

i want to buy a pair of hex cash, but they're 34" inseam and i'll need to hem them!

damir sneakers fit like balenciaga, lanvin, cps and etc. i wear 10/43 all across. but dude, those are hideous.

Edited by herpsky

i need some help changing up my denim. i'm looking for black skinny jeans. i've been wearing levi's 510s for a while now but i go through pairs way too fast, so i'm considering something from Acne. could someone please tell me which is closer in fit to the 510s, the Max or Ace? Also which black wash do you like better, Sing or Cash? thanks!

does anyone have a wallet with a zip around it (i.e. most of the cdg ones, dries, toj etc)? my cards are constantly scratched to fuck and i've had this one card for a week and it already looks twenty years old - is it possible they are getting scratched on the zipper teeth when taking them out? i'm kind of dumbfounded as to what's going on.

Edited by conqueror

does anyone have a wallet with a zip around it (i.e. most of the cdg ones, dries, toj etc)? my cards are constantly scratched to fuck and i've had this one card for a week and it already looks twenty years old - is it possible they are getting scratched on the zipper teeth when taking them out? i'm kind of dumbfounded as to what's going on.

do you carry your wallet in your back pocket?

i just recently bought a pearl drkshdw gimp hoodie, does anyone know if i can dye the thing black without worrying about the stitching staying white. 

Your average washing machine/chemical dye won't dye your poly stitching.

Natural will turn it to a grey/light grey.

But a vat set up will cost about 50 $ if you don't own any of the stuff yet and it has to be kept within warmt limits (90 to 120 F)