small questions thread (use before making a new thread!)

minya

having trouble finding well-fitting business attire. I'm 5'6, 135 lbs, lean/muscular.

Needs to be affordable, I mean no more than $200 per piece. I might hit up Leathersoul in Beverly Hils for some shoes (I really want a pair of Alden Chukkas, unless someone knows of a better place.

Does anyone know of any shops around Los Angeles / Socal? Or maybe some webstores that offer free returns?

Any brand recommendations? Thanks!

Edited by anomolies

how the fuck do you win things on yahoo japan auctions? i always get sniped and can't do shit about it because I'm bidding through sutocorp since i don't speak japanese well enough to contact the buyer and somehow communicate about shipping and how i have no feedback. 

should i just sign up and try to contact them with my beginner japanese anyway?

how the fuck do you win things on yahoo japan auctions? i always get sniped and can't do shit about it because I'm bidding through sutocorp since i don't speak japanese well enough to contact the buyer and somehow communicate about shipping and how i have no feedback. 

should i just sign up and try to contact them with my beginner japanese anyway?

That's the dumbest idea dun. Do you even know how yahoo auction works? 

Most items have the "automatic extension" feature enabled. If a bid placed within the last 5 minutes before an auction ends pushes the current price higher, the auction gets extended 5 minutes. This process basically repeats until people stop bidding. 

Unlike eBay, there is no such thing as sniping. Basically, you need to put in the highest amount that you are willing to pay. 

Stop being a bitch ass and think you are gonna get that visvim for cheaps. Won't happen. 

I'm a long time seller on Y!.

Most sellers refuse to communicate with international buyers. Also, I usually cancel bids who have 0 feedbacks. 

Also, most sellers prefer to get payment wire transferred. Paypal not accepted. 

People won't also communicate in English. 

it's more about the 0 bids bit, i have an address in Japan. i say sniped as i mean i can't contact my proxy (if they're not just a single person) 5 mins before the auction ends and ask them to bid more $. i've seen people keep outbidding each other for a few bids at least. 

Anyone bought from the Rick Owens NY Boutique before?  I bought a pair of Memphis Jeans there awhile back, and recently just noticed this stitched over the original DRKSHDW tag:

210fzip.jpg

I'm guessing this is just an indicator that I bought it from the NY boutique?

Hey,

Im a size 41 and Ive been looking for Ramones for a while.

I found a pair in my size at a woman's store and while the shoe seems unisex i would like to know if there are any differences between the female and male version of the shoe?

thanks 

article-2508471-1974A2FB00000578-362_634

article-2508471-1974A2E300000578-826_634

Can someone identify what brand leather jacket this is? It's a dark brown color. It's right up my alley.

Please note the accents behind the shoulders, the zipper on arm, and button on right neck hem for clues. Is it a Louis Vuitton or something?

Also, any other brands that have similar styles please share. This looks high quality and I'm looking for similar.

Thanks

does anyone know where to find decent áo dài online? i've resorted to just looking for the most expensive results after combing through piles and piles of shit, and all that got me was paintings and this abomination

VEPknIi.png

it was a nice bit of comic relief during my seemingly hopeless search, but it's still pretty discouraging to see so many results for <$100 on the first page while using that filter

I can get a APC Petit Standard in japanese selvedge, but I don't know which size to get between 26 and 27. I mostly wear my jeans in size 27 (even 28 sometimes) with a waist around 37,5/38cm.

I heard the PS can get two sizes bigger, Is it the same for the selvedge ?

Thanks

Edited by MarlonFMX

Looking for some cheap black cords (levis 511)

Anyone know if these are true to size/big/small?

I'm a 31 but only have the option for a 30 or 32

and don't have a stockist near me to try on.

Cheers

Levis literally has about a two inch margin of error on all of their garments, what with different manufacturing facilities and standards, so it can be hard to accurately buy them online. But if you have your heart set on them and indeed have no way to try them on in person, I too wear a 31 and usually go 30 with Levis. 32 will almost certainly be much too large for you. If they're too loose, generally a wear or two will stretch them out.

Good luck!