small questions thread (use before making a new thread!)

minya

I want to purchase these raf Simons Velcro hi-tops:

http://www.thirdlooks.com/wp-content/Images/APR13/raf-simon-textured-floral-sneakers-2.jpg

But I'm hesitant as to go with a size 42 or 43. I'm a US 9.5. If anything I'd prefer for them to be a little snug (NOT tight). Can any one tell me which I should go with? How do they fit?

does anyone know where i can still get the soloist x adidas rod laver in a US10? 

looking for the super plain low top ones 

(can make a wtb thread if this is the wrong place for this type of question)

funny that the whole series ended up at a bunch of adidas outlet stores

I'm looking for a pair of black riding gloves for when it gets colder during the wintertime.  

Obviously shit that looks good is a plus but I'm up for wearing strictly functional ones too (would have jumped on the nonnative ones but they were fingerless)

Not rlly down with leather.

Just to give an idea of what I'm looking for, this pair's pretty cool.

tumblr_lumbu1lygw1r0j1deo1_500.jpg

so are these

l_01.jpg

thanks

looking for a good quality, heavyish duty winter jacket, mid length parka

similar to the TOJ fishtail would be nice, though doesnt have to be exactly the same

just want an all purpose winter coat

will be heading through tokyo, hong kong, shanghai, and thailand at the end of the year so any recommendations of local brands are welcome

I'm looking for a pair of black riding gloves for when it gets colder during the wintertime.  

Obviously shit that looks good is a plus but I'm up for wearing strictly functional ones too (would have jumped on the nonnative ones but they were fingerless)

so are these

thanks

what does winter means? Really cold winter or just like 10°C like in Rome? Either way, get something with windstopper/water resistant lining and ones which are called gloves for winter.

Don't mess with Rapha leather town gloves. They look nice, they have a softshell liner and are functionally constructed but totally worthless below 5°C

so are these

thanks

Are you asking about this strictly for cycling or for fashunz?

Aren't you in SoCal? It never really gets cold during a ride to the point where I would need more than a long bib or shell or necessitate insulated gloves.

Having tried a bunch of "cycling specific" gloves, I would honestly say original Mechanix gloves do a damn better job than a lot of gloves I've owned, for a huge fraction of the cost. Synthetic so they don't shrink up from sweat. They could use more padding on the contact points, but that's my personal preference.

^Bay Area

Not really too cold but when you're cycling late at night/early in the morning/when it's raining, not having gloves sucks pretty hard.  Obviously I'm buying for functional purposes, I'd just prefer something that looks nice though looks are not a necessity.

I'm gonna check out Mechanix though.  Thanks for the recommendation.

I'm trying to track down a pair of mens pants that are suited to smaller guys. I've got a pair of Levi's 511 commuters because they're literally the only thing that wasn't a ton of money and came in my size. I'd love to get some Carhartt Sid Pants but they're 34" long all around and I'm getting seriously maxed out at about 32" long.

^ I think Beams is the name of the chain, the other two are departments (although they have separate units) - there's loads more, Beams Boy, Beams Golf...

- Anyone help me out with dark chocolate brown chinos?

So far only options I can find is Dickies or DQM one's I can't find anywhere.

Bonus points if I can get them in the UK

Cheers