small questions thread (use before making a new thread!)

minya

take two

i want to get a pair of adidas that aren't made in my size. i'm a 8 1/2 and they make an 8 and 9. which should i get?

always go up - you can stick an insole in if they don't fit...

or I guess you could gamble with the 8's and hope they stretch (assuming they're mostly made of leather).

always go up - you can stick an insole in if they don't fit...

or I guess you could gamble with the 8's and hope they stretch (assuming they're mostly made of leather).

good advice, granted that the 9's don't get sold out. in the worst case scenario- that they do, there is an ancient practice done by chinese women that can actually shrink one's feet. i am sure that you(he) can find it on google. if these adidas aren't the neighborhood or the original jeremy scott one then i would not reccommend it because of the apparent pain and time consumption.

Here's a point for how inneffectual the online stores thread is without brand names, even I can't find things (they're coming soon...):

Does anyone know where I can pick up some plain black and white CdG x Fred Perry Polos? I know there's a store or two in the thread that has them, I just can't find them. (edit: I'd prefer no stripes, but anything would help)

Also, does anyone know if Fred Perry makes like a t-shirt with just the little embroidered logo? I'd need that in black / white as well!

Thanks kindly.

Here's a point for how inneffectual the online stores thread is without brand names, even I can't find things (they're coming soon...):

Does anyone know where I can pick up some plain black and white CdG x Fred Perry Polos? I know there's a store or two in the thread that has them, I just can't find them.

Also, does anyone know if Fred Perry makes like a t-shirt with just the little embroidered logo? I'd need that in black / white as well!

Thanks kindly.

i can't answer your 1st question, but to the 2nd:

they did. i don't know if they are still produced though.

Anyone know how APC tops fit? I've seen size 1 measurements at 20" for the chest which seem a bit big, and the 2s sometimes measure bigger than most mediums. I was just wondering if anyone had experience with their tops and how closely 1s were to smalls and 2s to mediums. I'm generally a medium in designer brands, small in gap/jcrew stuff.

i'm looking for a good slouchy beanie. i bought the basecontrol one through 2000db but it's just too big for my head. i'm looking for something that will fit close to my small head (22~ in, 6 7/8 in fitteds) and slouch in the back and not make it look like i have dreads. ive been considering this racal beanie http://zozo.jp/shop/cueve/goods.html?gid=139540&did=&cid=236 but i'm not sure how it will fit. any suggestions?

i'm looking for a good slouchy beanie.

Chim's slouchy beanies: http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=20377

You can get them in two sizes, either random colors or all black. ($60)

C-Plus: Japanese brand who carries beanies that are very slouchy ala this:

http://image.rakuten.co.jp/shelter/cabinet/c-plus-cap/img29866913.jpg

Webstore here: http://store.yahoo.co.jp/c-plus-webstore/a5cba5c3a5c8.html

I believe the "big" model is the one featured. Coldrice often wears his in the "bell" model. You'll have to go through 2000db to get these from Japan, but I believe that they're still rather reasonably priced.

I am looking for some new shoes that are dress shoe like but are sneaker like at the same time, anyone have some suggestions?

Do you mean literally sneakers, or just dressed-down dress shoes? You're best bet is going to be Swear shoes for the latter, I imagine: http://www.swear-london.com/

For instance:

3013610_2662_1_0.jpg

There's quite a few shoes along these lines at Swear. I believe they've sold shoes like this at Zara, as well. I know there are other brands that do a similiar type of shoe, but I can't seem to recall any at the moment.

Bump for my question:

Does anyone know where I can pick up some plain black and white CdG x Fred Perry Polos? I know there's a store or two in the thread that has them, I just can't find them.

gola stride. come in black, brown cracked leather, and white. Wingtip style on the top, sneakers sole. They're pretty solid. Check www.shoes.com for them.

How does Base Control stuff run? When I went to Japan I picked up all this uniqlo stuff without trying it on in a size L and it all ended up being too freakin' small. Is this the same w/ BC?

Also, is there bootleg BC stuff out there now?

Thanks in advance!