small questions thread (use before making a new thread!)

minya

If anyone can ID and name these shoes you deserve a medal!

they're either a sneaker or a boot, hard to tell really! High tops. black with white laces, white piping around the top of the boot and a different coloured (Brown?) sole unit.

any idea what brand they are? the guy wearing them wears a lot of Margiela sneakers and Red Wing boots. He also wears a fair amount of A.P.C, Undercover, Rag & Bone and Acne if that helps?

The pics aren't the best, but If anyone can name them that would be awesome!

Thanks

A48udUj.jpg

So can i order clothes straight from boutiques? (For example, email the rick ny store to purchase a jacket) Being as i live in a small town in California no where near any significant retailer i struggle sometimes to get a hold of some pieces.

Yeah but best to call and speak to a real person. They should be able to handle the transaction over the phone and ship out your order when the send things out throughout the day.

Anyone know if RO DRKSHDW Drawstring Lounge Pants size 30 will fit size 31? Or will it fit too tight? Is it better to get 32? 31 doesn't seem to be available.

It seems to be a common issue that designers skip odd size numbers (and half sizes in shoes), but they don't note if the garments are sized up, or sized in between to accommodate the skip. It's increasingly becoming an issue now that local stores don't even stock certain items for you to try on, and online shopping is continuing to grow and become the better supplied retailers these days. Such a pain in the ass.

Edited by desire

If anyone could tell me about the tee sizing on Acne for women that would be awesome.

I'm buying this tee for my gf, requesting any advice about sizing up/down. She's 5'2 and skinny, normally wears XS. Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this

tumblr_mmoxvbY9mk1s7y6ddo1_1280.jpg

go with the extra small, especially given that she is 5'2" and skinny.

in general, girls like long sleeves to not be baggy, black long sleeves are cool for girls because they can layer them under tops, dresses, etc.

i don't think sizing up is an option... unless she has broader shoulders?

and i don't think acne sizing goes below xs... so, go xs

Anyone know if RO DRKSHDW Drawstring Lounge Pants size 30 will fit size 31? Or will it fit too tight? Is it better to get 32? 31 doesn't seem to be available.

It seems to be a common issue that designers skip odd size numbers (and half sizes in shoes), but they don't note if the garments are sized up, or sized in between to accommodate the skip. It's increasingly becoming an issue now that local stores don't even stock certain items for you to try on, and online shopping is continuing to grow and become the better supplied retailers these days. Such a pain in the ass.

Just go up a size. They have a drawstring so you can pull them in without issue.

thinkin of getting a pair of church's oxfords but i'm a little uncertain about sizing

http://www.mrporter.com/product/316363

i'm a 43 in MMMs, 42 in CPs, and a 9 (if i remember correctly) in clarks. better to go with a 9.5 or a 9 in these church's?

both my pairs of church's are 7.5uk and i feel they fit true to size (i'm 41 in mmm). i think most of their shoes are quite narrow so you get a tighter fit even if you buy half a size large i.e more room for error. you could always compare outsole measurements to dress shoes with similar last and sole design that you own or can try on. ive always used this method and it has proven to be quite effective.

Any recs for a US-based proxy? Looking to buy some brooks brothers.

http://www.styleforum.net/t/269062/proxy-service-from-us-to-anywhere - i've use him several times and it has always been top notch.

suto does US proxying as well.

Anyone use a clothes steamer over a clothing iron?

i've always used an iron. i could never get a steamer to work?

a follow up to my squeaky leather conundrum. couldn't be bothered going to a laundrette so i decided to try some leather balsalm. and it worked! but only for a few hours...once it wears off, it becomes even louder. fuck.

Thanks, I guess the elastic waist is also able to shrink down to 31? I wonder what the natural diameter is, unstretched.

really i am sure either size is going to be ok on the waist. if you're not sure base your size on if you want a little more or a little less volume/fabric through the leg.

Anyone know where I can buy zipper sliders that are chunky and rectangular?  

Something similar to the ones on Dior or Rick items.

This is one from the Lampo site, but I can't find anywhere that sells it 

Cursori_L_standard_82+61.jpg

anyone familiar with Carthartt WIP?

i mainly wear smalls in uniqlo. do i go for the same for Carthartts WIp stuff are size down one?

and anyone handled carthartt wip's chinos before? wondering if there better/worse than uniqlo chinos

can anyone help ID this number (n)ine hat (year/name) - I came up on this hat via yahoo auction JP but not much info was given (used - no box).  inside is grosgrain with printed label hand tacked down with white thread, looks to be preacher hat but not the rabbit version, maybe felt ?  any info would be apprecaited

mjkkjm99-img600x398-1367478031adfxvf6374

mjkkjm99-img600x398-1367478031qybi036374

mjkkjm99-img600x398-1367478032lobsry6374

Edited by Hatful of Hallow