small questions thread (use before making a new thread!)

minya

diy question.

i would like to change the color of some black leather dress shoes. i assume that sneaker customization is similar yet more difficult because of various textures and details. can someone suggest paint/solvent/etc and basically just a general "how-to?"

i would like the finish on them to look semi professional. thanks.

Thanks for the heads-up but unfortunately, I don't know where to find these magazines in Toronto! That's what I was asking, should've been more clear.

There's quite a selection of fashion magazines at Pages (pretty sure that's the name) on Queen St. W just a block or two west of McCaul St. (near MuchMusic) but no Non-No.

anyone in toronto know where I can get a pair of vans sk8 hi leather editions?

im pretty sure i seen some at urban outfitters before christmas, they might still have them. they were like a light green colour i think.

theres also a few mom&pop type shoe stores on yonge between dundas and bloor that might have them. look for the shops with harley davidson boots and converse in the windows.

Anyone know where I can get Greyhound brand shirts? I tried googling but i think you can guess what i found.

do VANS shoe sizes run large?

I was planning on buying a pair of 7.5 blue plaid vans online,

but I've never tried or owned a pair before.

I'm sure someone here can tell me whether their sizes...

1. run slightly larger,

2. slightly smaller,

3. or stretch out to be perfect,

4. or what?

I'm usually a size 7.5, sometimes an 8, but it depends on the brand I guess.

Hopefully this is fitting as my first post, Vans sizing can be interesting.

For the Sk8 lows, I feel like they run true to size, if not a little bit tighter.

For the slip-ons, 1/2 size down or your normal size could both be comfortable.

there was already a thread dedicated to vans sizing. the opinions were varied though.

okay wait, so.

do the majority of VANS-wearing people think their sizes run true-to-fit or slightly larger?

I should have mentioned earlier (forgot, sorry) the fact that I have retarded feet and that I would need to put my arch inserts into the VANS shoes since it's obvious they are practically arch-flat. One of the things that I'm wondering about is whether VANS slip-ons tend to stretch too much to the point that they'll fall off?

okay wait, so.

do the majority of VANS-wearing people think their sizes run true-to-fit or slightly larger?

I should have mentioned earlier (forgot, sorry) the fact that I have retarded feet and that I would need to put my arch inserts into the VANS shoes since it's obvious they are practically arch-flat. One of the things that I'm wondering about is whether VANS slip-ons tend to stretch too much to the point that they'll fall off?

i didn't know that you were talking slip ons. i usually go a half size up. i use inserts myself.

they stretch, but not to the point that they'll fall off.

Again, anyone know where i can get Greyhound brand shirts? I've seen a couple of them in waywt. I did stumble upon the hidden but HUGE world or greyhound dog tshirts. So many choices, but none of them the brand i'm looking for. Anyone?

Looking for a specific Dior Homme tee;

It was a black tee with a diamond outline on it with a few words underneath the diamond.

I saw one on ebay earlier in the week but i slept on it. I tryed briefly searching on the net but i couldn't find anything.

Thanks in advance peeps.

try going to juno's webby

bid-service.jp => dior => t-shirts

just saw a few of the diamond tees over there.. but they were in white.

hey.

i have 2 questions:

1. does anybody know measurements for stussy crewnecks?

i think about buying the stussy serpant crew in an XL.

i wear an L in stussy t-shirts and they fit perfect but when i tried on a stussy crew in L it was a little small...

im still unsure though.

Exact measurements would help me A LOT.

2. why cant i use the search function of the forum? it just wont give me any results???

question regarding Buzz Rickson's flight jackets:

I noticed most of the jackets they offer have a very short back and an elasticized wool cuff around the waist... should I size up and end up with slightly baggier sleeves as a result to avoid this "pinching" effect on my silhouette? I've seen pictures of japanese store models wearing them, but they're wearing baggy jeans so it looks really, really weird with such a short jacket.

hey, went to the store the other day and the sizing on the vans are just really random when trying on the vans authentics. they didn't have any chukka available tho. how is the sizing between the authentics and the chukkas? i fit a 5.5 in authentics. i don't like these sorts of questions but since i will order online, oh well. thanks in advance.

REGARDING HOW TO TIE SHEMAGHS:

Ill post a pictorial later but this is the simplest way I can explain:

First, hold the shemagh in your hands so its one big square. Then fold it in half so it becomes one big triangle. Hold the triangle to your neck, with the point of the triangle pointing to the ground. Grab one of the ends in your hand, and wrap it around your neck, do the same with the other side, so they go around your neck. Now tuck the two ends under the pointy part.

If you dont get it, I'll post a pictorial later or tomm. morning.

where should i look if im finding bracelets/accessories/necklaces? an online store would be good.

alex & chloe is pretty nice but more options would be good

no goros/chrome hearts though.. too poor for those.

maybe you could try... oaknyc.com?

i know they have some alex&chloe stuff, but their selection is more limited.

International shipping:

Stores that are based in the EU that don't offer international shipping...

Why?

Is it because it's too pricey for them/because they want to do their business with the EU only, because it's easier?

Or do businesses need some sort of liscence to ship to North America?

I'm wondering if it would be a good idea to offer a EU-shipping-only e-store extra cash to ship an item to North America.

International shipping:

Stores that are based in the EU that don't offer international shipping...

Why?

Is it because it's too pricey for them/because they want to do their business with the EU only, because it's easier?

Or do businesses need some sort of liscence to ship to North America?

I'm wondering if it would be a good idea to offer a EU-shipping-only e-store extra cash to ship an item to North America.

Already a fellow named Spike offering this service out of London, you can see his information in the Online Stores thread.