small questions thread (use before making a new thread!)

minya

Has anyone here had experience with sending any pieces of clothing off to a professional dyer? I've got a pair of black acne johns that have faded to an almost grey shade over time which I'd like to get back to their original colour. I've used the black dylon powder in the past but it wouldn't even hold on 100% cotton white tees after 1 wash and often ended up in a shade of blue instead. Heard similar stories about dye from other companies as well so I'm a little sceptical of trying it myself.

Has anyone here had experience with sending any pieces of clothing off to a professional dyer? I've got a pair of black acne johns that have faded to an almost grey shade over time which I'd like to get back to their original colour. I've used the black dylon powder in the past but it wouldn't even hold on 100% cotton white tees after 1 wash and often ended up in a shade of blue instead. Heard similar stories about dye from other companies as well so I'm a little sceptical of trying it myself.

From exp. all dye is destined to fade over time especially with wash and exposure to sunlight.

I would imagine the rate of fading would depend on the process of dying, absorbance of dye and 'wear&tear'.

I would also IMAGINE any sort of external 'superficial' dying would not be as 'fade-proof' as the dying during the pieces manufacturing process.

HOWEVER I have not really indulged in any professional re-dying or the likes but I would IMAGINE it would be similar to sort of polishing or treating a leather shoe for example, a piece that would require continual maintenance to perserve.

How much u luf dat denim homi ?

tl;dr I have no idea but I THINK this is how it would turn out.

From exp. all dye is destined to fade over time especially with wash and exposure to sunlight.

I would imagine the rate of fading would depend on the process of dying, absorbance of dye and 'wear&tear'.

I would also IMAGINE any sort of external 'superficial' dying would not be as 'fade-proof' as the dying during the pieces manufacturing process.

HOWEVER I have not really indulged in any professional re-dying or the likes but I would IMAGINE it would be similar to sort of polishing or treating a leather shoe for example, a piece that would require continual maintenance to perserve.

How much u luf dat denim homi ?

tl;dr I have no idea but I THINK this is how it would turn out.

Perhaps I was a little generous when I said "faded over time" since the shade had gotten considerably lighter after just the first wash (even played by the care label rules bruv). I see what you're saying tho and kinda thought that would be the case. No chance I'd be paying £5+ on dye every other week or so just to maintain their colour either. Also they're just 100% cotton sweatpants which makes me think it might work a bit better than if they were denim etc..

Gonna email a few places and see what they've got to say

Perhaps I was a little generous when I said "faded over time" since the shade had gotten considerably lighter after just the first wash (even played by the care label rules bruv). I see what you're saying tho and kinda thought that would be the case. No chance I'd be paying £5+ on dye every other week or so just to maintain their colour either. Also they're just 100% cotton sweatpants which makes me think it might work a bit better than if they were denim etc..

Gonna email a few places and see what they've got to say

Good luck brom, u no i luf u.

If worst comes to worst get some people together and troll Acne's live-chat help thing in spite.

Don't forget to ask for 'Seabass'.

Anyone know of any shirts similar to this Prada one here?

Michael-Pitt-Prada-Spring-Summer-2012-Ad-Campaign.jpg

Obviously they exist, I've just been looking for a while now and can't seem to have any luck. I know my best bet is probably just a vintage shirt but is there anyone out there who can enlighten me?

Article with almost identical shirts here:

http://ouestladiscotheque.blogspot.com/2012/05/prada-print-copied-from-vintage-80s.html

Anyone have any advice as to what shoes to wear with loose, harem-esque pants? I like the sneakers in this fit but sometimes it just won't go with the top piece as well.

chucks or similar low tops

suede ankle boots

ridiculous question but does anyone know what model nike these are?

look like blue/yellow air maxes

could someone please translate these measurements for me?

thanks

UaFua.png

Edited by Vampyrvargfesten

pyrex-vision-hoodie-1.jpg

I was going to buy this Pyrex vision hoodie, and was waiting a few days for money to transfer to my paypal, but then Kanye had a concert where he was wearing this and all the dick riders bought all of the stock in a few hours. So is there anywhere where I can go to get a high quality print like this done? I only want one hoodie, and my friend told me you usually have to buy in bulk.

pyrex-vision-hoodie-1.jpg

I was going to buy this Pyrex vision hoodie, and was waiting a few days for money to transfer to my paypal, but then Kanye had a concert where he was wearing this and all the dick riders bought all of the stock in a few hours. So is there anywhere where I can go to get a high quality print like this done? I only want one hoodie, and my friend told me you usually have to buy in bulk.

you were going to waste 300 $ on a champion printed hoodie ?

Anyways, from which season is that RO parka, cant seem to get any info,

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_md1edg6C8E1qji1tuo1_500.jpg

i bought it from ebay , super long, i got it tailored, have the Ry+ on the zipper, dont have any rick tags or DRKSHDW but have the olmar and mirta tags inside inner pocket, made in italy. ect , its legit ? i think its just older rick which some just have olmar and mirta tags.

could someone please translate these measurements for me?

thanks

UaFua.png

AG00-11

unit (cm) 1 2 3

dress length 71 72.5 74

bust 98 102 106

waist 80.5 84.5 88.5

hip 93.5 97.5 101.5

shoulder width 40.5 41.5 42.5

sleeve length 63 65 66.5

ap22-275

unit (cm) 1 2 3