small questions thread (use before making a new thread!)

minya

Hello,

I need some urgent help on Alden sizing. Have done a search but can’t find the exact info I need so my apologies if this has been dealt with before. I am about to drop $800 on a pair of Alden Cordovan AF79’s on the Barrie last in a size 6D. However, because I live in the UK I cannot try them on! I have a pair of Alden Cordovan Cap Toe boots on the Modified last in a 6D and they fit me perfectly. Does anyone know if a 6D in the Barrie will also fit well? I keep hearing conflicting accounts – that the Barrie is smaller and tighter than the Modified.

As there is a no returns policy on the AF79 I’d be ever so grateful for any help and advice.

Thank you ever so

T

anyone got a source for these perforated common projects?

I'm looking for them in white or black as pictured below :@

I think those are old. SP11 or earlier. The perforated Achilles for SP12 (Achilles Summer Edition SS12 Edition) did not have a perforated tongue.

OH, and does anyone know of good backpacks ~50 dollar area (or lower-- please, god, if you can make it lower that's great)

isss gotta be Chicago-weather proof (I want waterproof, but it just has to be Chicago-proof), and it has to be able to hold my laptop and books and msc. supplies (laptop is ~15 inches)