small questions thread (use before making a new thread!)

minya

^^ Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot?

http://www.blackbird...rown_16987.html

edit: I've got no idea how much Roys are so not sure if that's cheap or expensive relatively.

Yeah, I looked at those and the Thorogood 685. I just reeeally like the crepe soles on the Aldens.

i am selling my ro dunks on ebay and in the last 2 hours got these two messages:

why do i feel like there is something dodgy going on? or am i just being paranoid?

wouldn't deal with checks.

trying to find a varsity similar to:

ss5.jpg

or

826826.jpg

anyone know where a good place to look is?

Edited by valdizno

I really like the look of Alden Roys, but they're pretty much impossible to find, and expensive. Could somebody suggest similar styled boots I could look at?

the roy boots are just a special makeup of the regular pitt boots

like these

price isn't any better though

Where can I find a very slim, simple leather bracelet? I'm thinking like 3/16", maybe a bit wider. Doesn't even have to be leather, just needs to be clean looking.

Does anybody have recommendations for basics (blank sweaters, oxfords, T-shirts, cardigans, trousers/chinos, etc.) for tall and skinny people? I'm about 6'1" and weigh 155ish, and last time I checked I'm about a 36/38 in the chest. I'm looking for stuff that's sort of cheap, something along the lines of...

Sweaters/Cardigans: $80 or under

Oxford Shirts: $75 or under

T-shirts: $30 or under

Trousers/Chinos/Jeans: $100 or under

I've scanned the cheat sheet threads, and did some googleing, but I either can't find something in my price range, or can't find anything at all, haha. Sorry for asking quite a lot. I'm new to higher end clothing/fashion (I know the prices I listed won't get me high end), and I basically need to start from scratch. Uniqlo looks good, and although I'd rather not deal with a proxy, I'm not against it as well.

Thanks everybody.

Edited by MechaStreisand

where do you live?

About 4 hours out of Portland, OR right now. I don't have any local options, haha. The only place that would come to mind in my area would be a Banana Republic, but from my limited research, I feel that I could do better for the price.

Edited by MechaStreisand

Nice, I actually live in Portland. Why not American Apparel, Gap, Old Navy, J Crew, Urban outfitters? All of them make decent basics at reasonable prices.

Nice, I actually live in Portland. Why not American Apparel, Gap, Old Navy, J Crew, Urban outfitters? All of them make decent basics at reasonable prices.

I was hoping for something that would be a little better quality, but my budget is limited. I'll probably just have to make due or save up, haha. Thanks for your help!

Does anybody have recommendations for basics (blank sweaters, oxfords, T-shirts, cardigans, trousers/chinos, etc.) for tall and skinny people? I'm about 6'1" and weigh 155ish, and last time I checked I'm about a 36/38 in the chest. I'm looking for stuff that's sort of cheap, something along the lines of...

Sweaters/Cardigans: $80 or under

Oxford Shirts: $75 or under

T-shirts: $30 or under

Trousers/Chinos/Jeans: $100 or under

I've scanned the cheat sheet threads, and did some googleing, but I either can't find something in my price range, or can't find anything at all, haha. Sorry for asking quite a lot. I'm new to higher end clothing/fashion (I know the prices I listed won't get me high end), and I basically need to start from scratch. Uniqlo looks good, and although I'd rather not deal with a proxy, I'm not against it as well.

Thanks everybody.

Everlane for t-shirts, proxy Uniqlo or lurk the marketplace for used goods and cop when you find something you like.

does anybody have any experience with uniqlos linen line. especially the shirting. i'd like to get some light linen shirts for summer and what's been holding me off are the measurements on the site.

i'm about 6"2 and i'd have to get an S or XS if i'd want a slim fit

Any luxury alternatives to the Visvim social sculpture 101? I've been looking for an older or used one forever in a size 3 and so far I'm coming up with nothing - the idea of spending 1k+ on a denim jacket seems a little excessive for my budget right now.