small questions thread (use before making a new thread!)

minya

Can anyone give sizing advice for Fiorentini + Baker boots (such as the Eternity 745 leather model)? Do they run true to size?

gimmeshoes.com has a size tip for this model "this style is running large, please order a size down."

i realized my 2 yo common projects are starting to smell inside. what should i do besides giving them some air to make it vanish ?

I've heard of using baking soda to absorb the odors and this would be a cheap solution. I've never tried it myself so use your own discretion. For more information see Removing Shoe Odors with Baking Soda.

Anyone know if the Fiorentini + Baker Eternity 745 ankle boot ever goes on sale? Any thoughts on upcoming sales where one might find this model at a discount?

I've heard of using baking soda to absorb the odors and this would be a cheap solution. I've never tried it myself so use your own discretion. For more information see Removing Shoe Odors with Baking Soda.

Anyone know if the Fiorentini + Baker Eternity 745 ankle boot ever goes on sale? Any thoughts on upcoming sales where one might find this model at a discount?

there is a F + B clearance outlet somewhere in tokyo (at least there was a year and a half ago).. drop a PM if interested and I will try to dig the address out for you if you have a proxy there

J

Guest adidasaj

Any suggestions for ordering XLarge apparel online?

Girlfriend is heading back to Taiwan for winter break and should be able to stop by the XLarge and BAPE stores downtown Taipei for me, but I wouldn't mind knowing a good online store to order XL for myself. (Other than the official .CC and .JP stores of course.)

Alternative to Red Wings for tough winter boots?

I got these and I love them to death. They are so comfortable and the horsehide is very distinct from cow hide. Try to get the cherry ones. They have the most depth in color. You might have to ask Mike @ Epaulet directly for those as the brown and cherry colors were mixed in.

You won't regret it. These are comfortable, durable, and extremely unique.

thorogoodmain.jpg

Looking for a deal on CdG Kyoto - anyone know of any shops with coupons that wouldn't exclude it? Tobi's recent coupon excludes CdG, and it seems I'm a day late on the blackbirdballard 20% off.

Alternative to Red Wings for tough winter boots?

Depends on the style you are going for, but since you were considering Red Wings take a look at the LL Bean Katahdin Engineer boots or perhaps some Alden boots.