small questions thread (use before making a new thread!)

minya

yoooo i need some plaintoe oxfords like these

o085xs.jpg

flat and 'relaxed' width wise

and english

anyone know who makes some

seems easy enough but i'm having a pretty hard time finding some...

I've been snooping some Allen Edmonds on eBay like that... but Alden's are your best bet. But it's hard to find them not narrow :( unless you order them full price.

I need to fix these jawns so I can wear em... umbrobykj10.jpgThese Umbro x Kim Jones (in black though). They give me INSANE blisters, top of back rubs against my heel really uncomfortably. What can I do? I've tried just wearing until they loosen up, but it's taking waayyy too long. They fit fine otherwise...

I need to fix these jawns so I can wear em... umbrobykj10.jpgThese Umbro x Kim Jones (in black though). They give me INSANE blisters, top of back rubs against my heel really uncomfortably. What can I do? I've tried just wearing until they loosen up, but it's taking waayyy too long. They fit fine otherwise...

wear higher socks

i know this question doesnt belong in here but im starting to panic so ill ask anyways: yesterday, i whitdrew some money from my paypal to my bank account, wich was supposed to take 2-4 days according to paypal. when i checked the transaction status a few minutes ago, it says "transaction completed" altough when i check my bank saldo online, i havent recieved the money yet. So what does "transaction completed" mean in this case?

i know this question doesnt belong in here but im starting to panic so ill ask anyways: yesterday, i whitdrew some money from my paypal to my bank account, wich was supposed to take 2-4 days according to paypal. when i checked the transaction status a few minutes ago, it says "transaction completed" altough when i check my bank saldo online, i havent recieved the money yet. So what does "transaction completed" mean in this case?

Transaction completed on Paypal's part means they've sent all the information to your bank concerning the transfer. Your bank might still require a few more hours or even day to process the transfer request and add the funds to your bank account. You really shouldn't sweat it.

Has anyone ever dealt with Philip Lim sunglasses? I was recently trying on sunglasses at a local boutique and was torn between a pair of Philip Lims, Persols and Tom Fords. I know about the quality of the other two so thats not an issue. The Philip Lims were the cheapest and also the best looking ones, but I did not want to make a big purchase without researching first. Does anyone know about 3.1 Philip Lim sunglasses? Are they made by Luxotica?

What's a good place for a trench to end?

I just picked up a burberry trench on the cheap, really nice. Fits really well in the shoulders and upper block. I'd probably get the waist suppressed a bit too.

But the length. I don't know if its fine, as is, or if I want to shorten it, tailor it to fit like

00170m.jpg

And mine, at a 44inch length hits my leg mid knee. I should take a pic of me wearing it huh.

word, but I don't want to deal with athletic tape/band-aids on my heels every day for the rest of my life (I mean it's been weeks and nothing's changed). Any way to mod the shoe itself?

i meant to put athletic tape on the heel, enough to pad it and cushion so there is less rubbing, trees also had the good idea of folding down your socks.

and leonard lets see some pics so we can help.

What's a good place for a trench to end?

I just picked up a burberry trench on the cheap, really nice. Fits really well in the shoulders and upper block. I'd probably get the waist suppressed a bit too.

But the length. I don't know if its fine, as is, or if I want to shorten it, tailor it to fit like

[iM G]http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x306/LeonardLeroy/00170m.jpg[/img]

And mine, at a 44inch length hits my leg mid knee. I should take a pic of me wearing it huh.

I have one that hits almost mid-knee and its a beige joint as well. I'm thinking about tailoring mine to about mid-thigh.

I don't think I would go as high as mid thigh. Probably fuck the proportions of it I think. I think I would go just at the top of knee, above the knee. I'm playing around with a paper clip and the length -- just a few inches off -- makes all the difference.

Also, I have a burberry scarf, and I hate how much I still love how the nova check looks, especially with the trench.

I've been looking all over, but i can't seem to quite find the answer to this. What is the material for these "wet look" types of jackets? is it vinyl? Nylon? Patent/faux leather? Also how is it made/where could i get fabrics like this? Thanks.

island-49154g47-jacket-23521-5836.jpg

250__3_l_p1014018402.jpg

67560_lg2.jpg

i don't think that would establish if it's waterproof, though - it could just be water resistant, so a couple drops roll off but a heavy rain would penetrate it (huhuhuhuhuh)

although i guess it's not that much of an issue, since i doubt you'll be out trying to brave the elements in it (assuming it's $$$)

dunno, someone correct me if i'm wrong