small questions thread (use before making a new thread!)

minya

Fuck both of 'em and just buy some Clarks. Also, the yes/no thread would've probably been a better place to ask.

br588189-00p01v01.jpg

I want jodhpur boots with straps. Yeah, yeah, YMC/previous level/blah blah blah. Banana has one, but like fuck I'm putting down almost three bills for shoes from BR. Any suggestions?

if you don't mind waiting, i'm sure they will go on sale. i got some BR boots a couple years ago for 80 down from 200 or so.

My friend got those Banana boots and returned them (cause of size) but they actually weren't terrible, especially if they're on sale.

Apparently they're a rip off these (gasp) Ferragamo boots:

But as far as acceptable options I have no suggestions, I'm actually in the market as well.

I dont see how those BRs are a rip-off of the Ferragamos, the boots are fairly different besides the fact that theyre both black jodhpurs. Ive seen similar models from RL and other companies, but they were higher priced than those BRs

A question about boots. I went to go check these out today. I tried them on with my jeans tucked into them and from the front they looked killer, but when I turned to the side my jeans were spilling out the back because of the slit in the back of the boots. My jeans are skinny so a narrower leg isn't an option. I don't want to say these aren't made for tucking jeans into because I've seen geekbonchic pull it off. I've also seen leroy tuck baggier jeans than mine into alden boots. What am I missing here? sorry if this is a lame ass question, never owned a pair of boots before.

Picture1-6.png

So I'm just about to pull the trigger on some Clarks antiqued leather desert boots, but first I'd like to know how they wear. I've searched about and heard that the crepe soles get blackened and the leather itself darkens (unfavorably or favorably I don't know).

Does anyone have any experience, pics, or sites to help me out?

Thanks!

EDIT: how to care for leather boots is all over the internet, so does anyone want to share personal/specific remedies for clarks?

Looking for a charcoal/grey herringbone coat/jacket. I know J Crew has one on sale, but it's $300. I'm trying to stay under $150 if possible, under $100 would be great. There's a few H&Ms nearby, I'll check that out in a couple of days.

http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urban/catalog/productdetail.jsp?itemdescription=true&itemCount=10&id=15005028&parentid=M_APP_OUTERWEAR&sortProperties=+product.marketingPriority,-product.startDate&navCount=36&navAction=poppushpushpush&color=04

Considering copping this myself, kind of unusual but I love it.