small questions thread (use before making a new thread!)

minya

Also, its an incredibly bad idea to base the cut of pants on that of jeans - completely different styles in terms of how they should and do fit when worn. Jeans are not a good model for dressier pants, even though you might want something that slim.

Yeah, hadn't thought of that. Thanks.

1233258390034.jpg

guys, I am in dire need of the source of this exact jacket. any help would be greatly appreciated. hopefully it's not one of a kind.

please PM me instead of replying to this thread.

pretty sure it's some vintage shit. why not inquire with rl's press office??

best thrift/vintage clothing shops in manhattan/brooklyn?

I really want a cool leather jacket.

You could go waste your money on a thrift leather @ Search and Destroy, but other than that, there's a million places. Just look in the East Village/St. Marx area.

This board is intimidating, but I would like to share this meager peasant purchase.

gp624661-03p01v01.jpg

I bought this mail order in an XS. When it arrived and I put it on I was shocked to find that it's probably the best fitting shirt I now own. It fits better than things I've had tailored. Not only that, the material feels solid and the shirt is warm. Admittedly I usually buy $30 H&M shirts (in S / XS), but I'm still surprised.

Anyway, my questions.

Gap seems to have 3 general flavors of shirts with 'fitted' in the title. Does anyone know if the selection of Gap shirts labeled as "fitted" all have the same measurements?

And, what is the general impression of the quality of Gap shirts? Will I be getting a solid shirt that lasts a couple seasons? I like bang for my buck and it's rare I find a whole line of reasonable shirts that fit me, so I'd like to get another 3-4, if they'll live a while.

Thanks for any advice. I know this place isn't likely to be interested in Gap, but this shirt really caught me.

Looking to purchase a videocamera, not more than us$300. I'm a noob when it comes to this so any advice and recommendation is appreciated. I would like a small one but still pretty powerful and not with too few features, kind of.

memory card or hardrive? all of that, hit me up with some good videocams.

thanks

This board is intimidating, but I would like to share this meager peasant purchase.

gp624661-03p01v01.jpg

I bought this mail order in an XS. When it arrived and I put it on I was shocked to find that it's probably the best fitting shirt I now own. It fits better than things I've had tailored. Not only that, the material feels solid and the shirt is warm. Admittedly I usually buy $30 H&M shirts (in S / XS), but I'm still surprised.

Anyway, my questions.

Gap seems to have 3 general flavors of shirts with 'fitted' in the title. Does anyone know if the selection of Gap shirts labeled as "fitted" all have the same measurements?

And, what is the general impression of the quality of Gap shirts? Will I be getting a solid shirt that lasts a couple seasons? I like bang for my buck and it's rare I find a whole line of reasonable shirts that fit me, so I'd like to get another 3-4, if they'll live a while.

Thanks for any advice. I know this place isn't likely to be interested in Gap, but this shirt really caught me.

Your earnestness and honesty are appreciated, but I honestly don't think anyone on this board has a single clue as to the...um...intricacies of how Gap fits. The only thing I know is that the board has hired Patrick Robinson to try and stop them from hemorrhaging money and I don't really think that's panning out so well.

Anyone have experience with leather dress shoes and dye? I need silver dress shoes but only for one night, so I don't plan on spending much so I thought I'd buy a cheap pair and do it myself.

Any recommendations for slim, cheap dress shoes I can pick up on ebay and experiment with? Any suggestions would be helpful, thanks.

Mine ended up looking kinda garbage. I'm currently in the process of beating them up/trying to get the silver off/black polishing them so maybe they'll have a cool silverish distressed look or something, but no luck so far. I used tarrago metallic dye, you might have more success than me.

http://www.rjcolt.com/Style.aspx?styleId=27057

its between the gray and brown-red, which one?

Fuck both of 'em and just buy some Clarks. Also, the yes/no thread would've probably been a better place to ask.

br588189-00p01v01.jpg

I want jodhpur boots with straps. Yeah, yeah, YMC/previous level/blah blah blah. Banana has one, but like fuck I'm putting down almost three bills for shoes from BR. Any suggestions?

Gap basically opened up too many store and we all know their product is pretty bad. Robinson's been focusing mostly on the womenswear, although mens has been getting a slight facelift. But they recently reported that same store sales are down 23%, so not much has really changed.

ignoring the crap elitism, it looks pretty legit to me

Also, this isn't any fucking elitism. They are selling ugly crap from ugly brands. "Crap" is a quality, not a label.