small questions thread (use before making a new thread!)

minya

should i put any sort of waterproofing or anything on white cp bball highs?

also would wearing these bitches out in the (light) snow be that bad an idea if i clean them off after and everything

not necessary.

i wear my cp's in inclement weather all the time.

snow wont do anything to them

Can anyone please tell me how those MMMargiela distressed white chucks (non-leather) fit? true to size or not...?

which ones? if you are inquiring about the ones i think you are, then they have a cp sole. 41 can fit up to a 9us, while 42 is like a big 9.5.

self edge is sold out

anyone know where i can find a japanese site so i can proxy the flat head feather ring?

DSC01414-721385-746403.JPG

i've searched various japanese sites with no luck.. closest i've come is at 2nd

http://www.rakuten.ne.jp/gold/2nd/br-fh-r/fh-741-01-r.html

but its like they have every ring except for that one!!!!

if anyone had another link. i'd be eternally grateful!

thanks!

Does anyone happen to know which designer these tuxedo pants are by?

090122ptr_judelaw_001.jpg

maybe yohji

or ann d? kris van assche?

i am guessing designers because based on that guy's jacket he seems like he is aware of more than H&M, could very well be something peasant like that. who knows...that is a very common design.

but i wanna :(

would it be a reasonable option to bring in some slim dress pants to a tailor and have them match some new cures or a77s?

Yes, because as far as I'm concerned, a suit should never be that tight. Its supercilious and ugly, almost comedically stupid how painted on suits look. There is something very important in appreciating fine tailoring and cuts of suits a la Thom Browne, Jil (both old and new), Raf, etc. - all those suits are slim, not sown onto the body. If you're too young or ignorant to really understand that skinny doesn't equate to fashionable, then maybe you need to waste the money on it for yourself to see the error of your ways.

Sorry HBlack, but it needs to be said. Style doesn't come from pairing basketball kicks with suit pants that are tighter than A77's. I'm not even stylish and I know how this shit works (on a very primal level).

i was kidding about the cp tuck thing

and i'm thinking new cures would be a reasonable cut for dress pants, yeah?

APC makes dress pants based on something in between the NS/NC. Slim, stylish, and nicely cut.

E: Also, its an incredibly bad idea to base the cut of pants on that of jeans - completely different styles in terms of how they should and do fit when worn. Jeans are not a good model for dressier pants, even though you might want something that slim.

On a related note: Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.