Just curious: what clothing lines do the girls in this forum stand by?

Being a girl and a self-claimed supershopper, i am curious to see what kind of brands the superfuture girls (if any) like to wear. i personally like Zara, H&M, costume national, helmut lang, and for jeans cheap monday and levis. What about you guys (girls)???

Ex-gf went for all sorts... Adidas, Mooks, All Saints, Diesel and some wicked multi-colour polka dotted zip-up... I just cant remember the brand, was from Oxford Street TopShop concessions though... plus an amazing patch work turquiose / pink/ black / white skirt. Each patch had a screenprint of Che's / Mao's heads, along with a few more. Sounds odd... but it worked.

Scratch that... the zip was Olga Polga or something along those lines.

I like, TR, Diesel, AndeWhall's stuff, ummmm Target for tops, cause they're cheap. umm BCBG & Gucci Dresses. big Puma fan for sneakers, otherwise, whatever has cute heels....

Like other brands, but have yet to try them.... (thinking about some APC's and some Evisu for my next jean purchases...)

I'm currently looking for some nice high-end sneakers.. last year I destroyed a pair of bikkembergs(which were amazingly comfy) and I want something to replace them. I have my mind set on getting a pair of dior hommes..i don't care if it's for guys, DH is pretty androgynous anyway....

stvc3923tricolor.jpg?v

Guest blackbird

The boutique brands I wear are ACNE Jeans (both the jeans and the apparel), A.P.C., Borne, Clu, Trovata, Surface to Air, Issey Miyaki and CoStume National shoes. Mix these with a bunch of vintage and cheap stuff and that's about it for me.

My opinion is that girls can get away with not being so branded because there's at least 10 times as much selection for women compared to men's fashion and women's is too trendy to waste money on. Go for classics if you're spending big bucks.

With that, my next purchase will be a pair of Denim Birds if I can find a pair in Seattle.

you guys had some cool ex's.

mine wore abercrombie/ae/ maaaaybe an H&M shirt.

no, not really, if you dated my ex, you would want to smack the shit out of her.....for real, she thinks she have goo taste, but really she dont, and she is fucken gold digger.....

• 2 weeks later...

I find shopping for women's clothes frustrating most of the time, I prefer shopping for my boyfriend... The women's lines from most streetwear brands are nothing short of hideous - 10 Deep, MTTM, Brown Babies, Mama etc all make me want to puke. Silas, X-Girl and Stussy sometimes come through with good basics but I find a lot of their clothes too "whimsical" and over fussy - too many ribbons, oversized buttons etc. I have some old Milk Fed and Hysteric Glamour stuff that I really like but both labels seem to have disappeared now... It's cool when labels like Spruce or Canada Goose just produce their men's items in x-small/slim fit, I'd rather wear that than the pastel-coloured/cringeworthy-logoed shit that most designers/store owners seem to think women like. Apparently Visvim are bringing out a women's line soon which should be interesting.

For highstreet brands, I think North America manages to produce higher quality goods than Europe - I'm not exactly a fan of A&F, American Eagle etc except for basics, but at least their clothes don't fall apart after one wash like everything I've ever bought from H&M or Zara. However Topshop is always worth looking in... I usually just end up wearing plain T's or tanks from wherever fits me best, and spend all my money on jeans, hoodies and trainers, which are a bit easier to find in women's sizes. Also Jean Shop, Levi's Red, Samurai all make good jeans specifically for women. I tend to wear my jeans baggy though which I guess helps...

Apparently Visvim are bringing out a women's line soon which should be interesting.

be still my beating heart.

i agree with all of carmel's points about womens streetwear. small streetwear brands run by straight dudes in dunks and an xl tee create mini-me versions for women. i find they use cookie cutter mall-brand proportions for their pieces instead of taking the attitude/ideas of streetwear and being creative with the female form. maybe their ineptitude simply comes from the fact that streetwear is a boy's club, first and foremost.

i usually opt for androgynous, unisex, slim items and spartan aesthetic. apc, acne, edwin, yohji, random japanese/korean/hk brands from overseas. for basics i shop at american apparel, h&m or club monaco. even a year ago i was way more into streetwear (quickstrike nikes, jeans and tees) but it occured to me that looking like a 12 year old hypebeast was moronic. my style has evolved into a feminized version of the average superfuturer, i think.

At the moment I've got lots of vintage on rotation, Karen Walker, a bit of Alice McCall, some Stella McCartney (for adidas), and some Akira Isogawa pieces. Y2K tees, splendid for some basics.

Denim wise I go levis (I have a couple of pairs of indigo tuff skinnies), nudies and tsubi. I'm looking to expand into ACNE and APC territory, but I've been holding out until I hit Europe in 3 wks.

I wanted to ask you people if anyone has had any experience with dsquared sneakers..i saw a pair that i liked but I'm not sure about quality, comfort, etc... PS I just got a trovata shirt that's soo comfy. I'm also waiting for my 2nd pair of cheap mondays to arrive from caliroots, i'm loving these jeans.

I have generally found Dsquared quality to be pretty high. We sold them at the boutique I worked at for a while, and while the prices are definitely high, the stuff generally holds up. ..I have jackets, dress shirts, belts, hats, t-shirts, and jeans from them and I still have a lot of them. Sorry no shoe experience, but I have a feeling they'd be solid, because I would have to say my favorite stuff by DSquared is their leatherwork (jackets and belts) so if the shoes are any type of leather, it'd prob. be a solid bet...

i usually opt for androgynous, unisex, slim items and spartan aesthetic ... even a year ago i was way more into streetwear (quickstrike nikes, jeans and tees) but it occured to me that looking like a 12 year old hypebeast was moronic.

This describes my style almost perfectly... I think it's still rare enough to see a woman carrying off the "hypebeast" look with any degree of aplomb, that it can sometimes still look quite striking. I can't seem to get that excited about it anymore though... At the same time I still love the comfort, durability and functionality of men's clothing, higher end streetwear especially. It would be amazing to have a store with a similar concept to Nomad except for women, but I can't ever see it happening. A few years ago there was a shop in London that sold exclusively women's streetwear - Holmes/Silas, Hysteric Glamour, Stussy, X-Girl, Milk Fed etc etc, plus basic T's, tanks and underwear from brands like Petit Batou - but while it still exists it's gradually filled up with Marc Jacobs and morphed into something more similar to Delphic . Not that there's anything wrong with that but it's a bit "young professional" for me... Aaarrgh anyway shopping for clothes is a pain.