horsehide footwear contest thread

mikecch

Yeah they have single celastic toebox. That and double were the only options on the Baker's web form.

Here's the full config:

White's Horse Hide Semi Dress // Toe Cap Leather Color Does not apply, Sole Leather, Size - Length 11, Hardware Antique Eyes & Hooks, Edge Natural, Upper (Shaft) Leather Brown Horse Hide, Midsole Single, Pull Loops No Thanks, Last Standard, Sole Trim Close Trim, Toe Vamp Leather Brown Horse Hide, Heel Base 90 Degree Blocked off Heel (Traveler), Heel Lifts 1/4" Lower, Size - Width D (medium), Toe Cap No Thanks, Celastic Toe Box Single Celastic Toe, Leather Liner Red

Yeah they have single celastic toebox. That and double were the only options on the Baker's web form.

Here's the full config:

White's Horse Hide Semi Dress // Toe Cap Leather Color Does not apply, Sole Leather, Size - Length 11, Hardware Antique Eyes & Hooks, Edge Natural, Upper (Shaft) Leather Brown Horse Hide, Midsole Single, Pull Loops No Thanks, Last Standard, Sole Trim Close Trim, Toe Vamp Leather Brown Horse Hide, Heel Base 90 Degree Blocked off Heel (Traveler), Heel Lifts 1/4" Lower, Size - Width D (medium), Toe Cap No Thanks, Celastic Toe Box Single Celastic Toe, Leather Liner Red

What was the wait time on those?

I'm on 6 weeks but I did order right after Christmas so might be a bit longer.

Kyle [from Baker's] just emailed me that orders with lining is currently backlogged__ wait will be an additional 3-4 weeks on mine.

Edited by BrownMetallic

got my HH pair, as well. they're on "swing" last, so they look bulbous from top view. i was able to get them [with the huge help from Kyle] to make the toecaps & backstays in brown Bison leather. personally, i'm glad i pursued it, though prolly not every1's cup of tea. but, that's 'aight_ only need to satisfy myself.

on the other hand, i don't know if the added [bison leather] feature disqualifies me for the contest cuz now they're not full-on HH :( . Mike, how about it?!

'broke my cam, so i can't take any photos right now.

Edited by BrownMetallic

Thanks to Ray, the devil on my shoulder, I've got a custom pair of white's semi-dress in horsehide coming to me. Pretty sure I'll get them before the cutoff for this contest. (really hope!!!)

buco_beach.jpg

small update: Buco x Inspiration 2012

inspiration was fantastic. getting to see all the goods as well as meeting the people behind the products was a great experience.

i recommend everyone who loves workwear to visit.

taken at the beach.

Wish i owned a pair of these buco's and was on that beach in California today. being in this contest would just be a bonus!

great contest everyone.

• 2 weeks later...

She hates shoes! (so far anyway)

time to sell the baby!