horsehide footwear contest thread

mikecch

I'm in on two pairs.

- Whiskey Indys i got last month, wore for about an hour around the house to start to break in and decided to bring to a cobbler to get the tongue tacked because it kept slipping. Havent done it yet so wont be wearing them until I do.

Aldens.jpg

- RRL Madison Boots in #8. They were the display pair at the Mansion and got forgotten in a stock room once they all sold out. They were rediscovered during a recent sale. My SA knew i wanted a pair, they were my size and he hooked it up for a great discount.

Madisons1.jpg

Edited by Dave_SFU

^ Those are some good looking boots mate!

I stripped the horsehide of it's coating again on my Thorogood #685 boots:

p1020167y.jpg

Local supply shop is still on holidays, so the dyeing will have to wait.

The shell on my Tricker's are changing more quickly than I anticipated - only the second day of wear and the shift in colour tone near the creases are already apparent:

p1020172z.jpg

1st of jan couldn't come soon enough !

img0546j.jpg

img0547gj.jpg

img0548jv.jpg

Ironic really, but after all the waiting, I didn't even get to wear them yesterday as the only place i went was for a muddy walk on hampstead heath in the morning with the wife. it rained for the rest of the day.

wore the boots out today & they are working out great.

img0555ny.jpg

img0549zs.jpg

img0559pl.jpg

^ Yay! Thanks for the info. What a unique colour too - great looking boots :)

P.S. I'm starting to think all the "(horween)"s in my first post are a bit redundant...it's all Horween, or otherwise unknown :P

Someone do a pair of Japanese or Argentinian shell cordovan please?

^ Haha, we've got two years to take all the photos we want :)

Psss, for the contestants without shoes, Tricker's factory shop has a really cheap pair of dark green shell cordovan shoes.

Edited by mikecch

Wearing the shell Stows more and more - really liking the colour, though the temper of the shell is a bit stiffer than the calf leather on standard Stows...breaking in more slowly:

20120101153806950.jpg

20120108182802687.jpg

Did the final dye job on the Thorogood's too!

p1030169h.jpg

Still needs a bit of polishing though:

20120106175745hdr.jpg

Edited by mikecch

They're here! I tried them on and first impressions are that they are so supple! They bend well compared to my other sd, although i think it's mostly because i have a double leather sole on the other. loving the way hh crinkles too... only thing is i wish that the "cream" liner was more cream than white.. can't wait to get some wear on these!

6676144263_982cd5dcdd_z.jpg

6676140599_daebd0ba1a_z.jpg

6676137539_d1f1d63b32_z.jpg

baldy, Those look amazing. love the color. can't wait to see how they age. congrats.

edit: speaking of color...are those brown or black? the brown on the bakers website doesn't look much like that.

Edited by erk

attack: they're single celastic. i'm actually not a big fan of the leather laces, I had them on my other sd's and didn't like em, maybe i'll give em another try though..

erk: they're black, i dunno why they gave me brown laces with it though. i kinda like the contrast for now though