horsehide footwear contest thread

mikecch

What's a close heel again? I fully agree on the dressier factor, I think the only thing that could improve (or entirely destroy, probably destroy) these would be an antique / natural finish on the sole instead of the full mathcing, but they are great and comfortable boots.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

May we join the contest? here's our shoes

100_1443_resize.jpg

100_1439_resize.jpg

100_1434_resize.jpg

100_1433_resize.jpg

The shoes is made from Horween Chromexcel in tan color, and we use double leather and rubber sheet for the outsole. Thanks.

Edited by Santalum

@coleslawyum

We use the chromexcel from horsehide origin, we've checked it also from the specification list when we purchased the leather.

@theblackgoat

Sorry for the inproper post, we're so excited to join the contest. If there's anything in our post that not proper, please tell us so we can edit. thank you very much.

blackgoat, did you ever watch their video? i think they're still relatively new and this could be some nice publicity.

it's impressive that they make it all by hand and a sewing machine.

either way, pumped to see how this works out.

@ mikechh

we made this shoes special only a pair for this contest. but, we will follow any decision whether we can join the contest or not. We are gladly to support this contest.

Check your PM sir. :)

So certain colours of CXL are horsehide?

The naming of Horween's colours is terribly confusing; every shoe company seems to have different colours, or at least different names for the same colour.

The Santalum "tan" looks an awful lot like the "rust" on Wolverine's 1000 mile boots. Does that mean those are horsehide as well?

On a less 'are these shoes horsebutt' vein - it's gotten blisteringly hot and muggy in NY already, so my boots are taking a little break for now. We'll see if I can get some wears in over the summer.

Check your PM sir. :)

PM replied.

So certain colours of CXL are horsehide?

Yeah, if you check out the leather thread there're quite a few items there made with the burgundy coloured horsehide CXL.

CXL is really just the trademarked name of Horween's re-tanning method - I'd imagine, with a bit of tweaking, it can be applied to leather from many origins.

Though most CXL is still cattlehide (unless stated otherwise...)

• 1 month later...

my original entry was Baker's SemiDress HH MTO, but kinda tweaked the order to HH x Bison toecaps + backstays. so, these may not qualify anymore.

just got a working camera right now_ thought i'd xpost to share.

***got 3 other pairs of laces that i interchange, in case you find these reds unsettling ;)

SemiDress 5'" HH MTO [by Baker's] : HorseHide x Bison toe caps & backstays :: Swing Last [_i know it's not for every1]:: Vibram composite half-soles + Quabaug block heels [1/4 lowered] ::

SDhh.jpg

SDhh2.jpg

SDhh3.jpg

SDhh4.jpg

Edited by BrownMetallic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Sup guys. Long time no post.

Brooklyn Bootworks Cobble Hill coming along nicely. I've treated them with sno seal and polished them up since the last update. Probably going to replace the laces at some point soon as the originals are wearing pretty thin.

h87cYl.jpg

k9yywl.jpg?1

Edited by dr_do0m