horsehide footwear contest thread

mikecch

I can't wait to see how those 721's age. I think they're the 1st pair posted here.

I ended up finding some spare cash and just placed my order for brown horsehide White's semi-dress through Baker's. I will post pics when I get them. (Baker's says it's 6 weeks)

Edited by smittybat

My heavily modded Thorogood x Epaulet Horween CXL Horsehide boots . these boots are pretty special to me, since i work with horween cxl horsebutts on a daily basis. i am pretty stoaked how they turned out, plus i really wanted a legit work boot, and not a dress/causal boot for this contest.

custom dye job (thanks mike for the cool idea!) , cats paws, vibram mini lug sole and double leather midsole

these boots are fucken heavy!!!! some real face stompers !!!

6603476847_b79304d834_b.jpg

6603477143_e09860efbb_z.jpg

6603477337_9b81878946_z.jpg

^ That's something special you got their mate!

I love the look of that heavy lug unit, works better with the shape of the vamp than the original one I reckon.

12 hours left to go for me...going to wear the boots around the house at midnight :P

^ That's something special you got their mate!

I love the look of that heavy lug unit, works better with the shape of the vamp than the original one I reckon.

12 hours left to go for me...going to wear the boots around the house at midnight :P

theblackgoat - those are bloody amazing!

mike: 26hrs to go for me :D

^ Happy new year to you too riff, and I wish all you guys and girls the very best for 2012!

First day today - lots of walking in the Summer heat, had to make a couple of trips to the animal hospital as my cat is a little sick.

Tried on the Thorogood #685 in the morning:

20120101130456511sophia.jpg

20120101132628342.jpg

In direct sunlight the dye job is still a bit patchy. I'm going to re-dye them again, but this time no nonsense, straight up raven oil after I remove the wax coating...should have pics in a few days time.

Played around with my new Droid phone:

th_2012-01-01_13-15-54_172.jpg

In the meanwhile, Tricker's Stow boots will do:

20120101153750201.jpg

20120101153831882.jpg

Looking forward to seeing all the boots listed in the first post - bring on the shoe pr0n.

Edited by mikecch