Lets Talk Sandals.

greentea

Find me a better made and better looking similar sandal, i swear its impossible.

I'd like to note that i buy sandals to wear at beaches, on islands, etc.. I'm not going out in cities with this shit.

i actually really like how these look: http://www.muji.us/store/shoes/rubber-sandals/rubber-sponge-sandal-black.html

don't know if they've been posted here before

for $10, the quality will probably be horrible, but then again since they're so cheap, i might as well take the risk

thoughts?

i actually really like how these look: http://www.muji.us/s...ndal-black.html

don't know if they've been posted here before

for $10, the quality will probably be horrible, but then again since they're so cheap, i might as well take the risk

thoughts?

I refuse to knowingly give my money to Walmart.

i'm pretty sure walmart doesn't own muji... seiyu, which is indeed owned by walmart, transferred muji to ryohin keikaku in 1990

check here for more info: http://ryohin-keikak...tory/index.html

i could definitely be wrong though

In 2002 Walmart bought 35% of Seiyu, in 2008 they bought the remaining 65%. Walmart owns and manages Muji, the factories which produce Muji "brandless" items are the same fucked up factories in China that produce Walmart's own in-house products.

• 1 month later...
Guest INDIGO QUEEN

Can't find Snything comfortable except for my:

Fitflops Black suede Gogh sandals

Great quality - the first pair lasted a year and a half and I hope the second pair will do too even though I wear them as slippers every day - so comfy....no blisters.....would recommend for anyone looking for comfort - and a huge variety of styles...

• 2 weeks later...

anyone in greek willingly to tell me how much those Melissions art sandals cost? (Y)

I've been to his workshop a couple of times, it's overwhelming. Most of his sandals are between 30 and 45 Euros. He sizes your feet, adjusts the straps of the one you choose and puts in the nails to secure everything.

I've been to his workshop a couple of times, it's overwhelming. Most of his sandals are between 30 and 45 Euros. He sizes your feet, adjusts the straps of the one you choose and puts in the nails to secure everything.

thanks for the info, kiya.

anyone willingly to proxy me a pair?

• 1 year later...

hm damn wasn't aware such a thread existed; could xpost a lot of junk from weird sneakers thread into here.
i still advocate ACG sandals and such but if we're talking grails i still roll around wanting these but i'm too peasant
tumblr_mgmeyjvvEo1qa47z6o1_500.jpg
also good are these ones from underman
tumblr_ms4xn4uvo51qa47z6o1_500.jpg
in a similar vein but far far far cheaper are the sandals i've been using; chopped off tags just because
c9f0ad7af1285c4105868607733f.jpg

I don't understand sandals with all those straps, it sort of defeats the purpose of a sandal to me.

I wonder how a sandal like that would be used... i wear sandals on beaches and islands, places where you're constantly taking your sandals on and off, and most of the time they're barely on your feet.  

There's this idea that they're just for protection between the bottoms of your feet and the surface you're walking on, but once you strap yourself in into a thing thats harder to get off than a sneaker it sort of defeats the purpose, unless of course you're walking around a city with them as a fashion item.

Edited by kiya

hm damn wasn't aware such a thread existed; could xpost a lot of junk from weird sneakers thread into here.

i still advocate ACG sandals and such but if we're talking grails i still roll around wanting these but i'm too peasant

in a similar vein but far far far cheaper are the sandals i've been using; chopped off tags just because

c9f0ad7af1285c4105868607733f.jpg

here's  cheap sandals i wear to beach or picnic

full.jpg?1374197182

full.jpg?1374606285

"...premium trail sandal with a tough, rugged sole and protective midsole, topped by non-slip MGT footbed. An aggressive tread pattern makes the it a great option for off-road running and adverse weather conditions where maintaining your footing is essential. This sandal can handle most advanced trails and wet conditions, whether running or walking."

Edited by SSchadenfreude

Chacos... Mostly for hiking and water involved activities or casual wear than beachwear I think. I've worn mine through hikes in Yosemite and it's pretty nice to be able to get in, through, and out of water without worrying about them coming off. Also a lot more comfortable wet than shoes.

The problem is that in terms of functionality you're far better off with a pair of Flyknit Zoom Kiger sneakers than any sandal.  I don't see the point of wearing sandals if you're hiking through water and mud.

^it's a tropical appeal thing. i've used my sandals predominantly for lazy days but they're also *okay* when it's raining (but not so nice in the city really) but they're definitely great when i'm hiking; transitions perfectly from muddy forest floors to crossing rivers to the beach, all of which is terrain you could encounter in a single day out here. all it takes to get on/off is a single buckle anyway >_>

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This thread is amazing, i wish it was more active even during the winter months.

• 2 weeks later...

I admired the Undercoverism sandals posted above- couldn't locate much more info. I also admire the Visvim christo. In the same vein, also with a vibram sole, is the Chaco. I originally ignored this brand, but their all-black Z/2 is mad comfortable and resembles some of the grails with a better price tag. You have options for toe loop or not as well. A look around the internet says toe loop is unnecessary, most have no problems without it.

http://www.chacos.com/US/en/Men-Styles-Sandals

KSFkn5c.jpg

Chacos on actual feet (I believe these are the yamba waterready ones:)

tElDQNp.jpg

ZFgVWkA.jpg

Edited by Autarch

• 2 months later...

this is the it sandal tho
tumblr_n09letgsld1qhbol5o1_500.jpg

wear with legwarmers, sheer cashmere sarong, draped swimsuit, big floppy hat, to and around the beach

wear with mink pelt socks, silk tank dress, and mink coat, for grocery shopping and other casual errands

Edited by madame twerq