Lets Talk Sandals.

greentea

oh really? i thought they were all leather. i was considering getting some,but good thing you mentioned it. yeha i prefer it just leather lining, i reall love my tevas they feel nice,the foot bedding is so comfortable. =)

nope...no leather whatsoever..maybe some micro-suede footbed. check out the photos. notice how their edges (lack of correct terminology) are all stiff polyester, which are basically the areas that contact ur skin the most...thus the scratching...quite a disappointment from all the recommendations it recieved..

photos:

http://www.chapterworld.com/gallery/060519_christo/index.html#

nope...no leather whatsoever..maybe some micro-suede footbed. check out the photos. notice how their edges (lack of correct terminology) are all stiff polyester, which are basically the areas that contact ur skin the most...thus the scratching...quite a disappointment from all the recommendations it recieved..

photos:

http://www.chapterworld.com/gallery/060519_christo/index.html#

I have a pair of those and they dont scratch my feet. Maybe yours are too small?

yeah I'm against the concept of wearing open-toed shoes of any sort if you're a man...I dunno i just can't get over that hurdle, call me insecure but it looks feminine, i love lookin at girl's feet but men gotta cover that shit up. The closest thing I've seen to an acceptable, "butch" sandal is a pair of Costume National's my dad bought a couple years ago, he got a good 2 or so years worth of wear out of them but they're pretty busted now.

Seconded, if you're too hot just wear slip-ons.

I have a pair of those and they dont scratch my feet. Maybe yours are too small?

maybe mine are tad too lose...i have fxcking malnutrition feet ...but they fit well lengthwise...so instead of fitting snuggly..whenever i walk it moves and scratches...

guess it's better to try one on with the rite fitting before purchasing...

• 8 months later...
Guest jmatsu

i feel alittle robbed, because this thread already exists.

anyway i for summer i think that sandals for men are great.

yohji yamamoto and ysl have come out with some really great designs.

after watching 300 i definitely want to cop raf simons' new ones as well.

birkenstocks (not in japan) while possessing a bad abundance of hippie like granola-head connotations, is comfortable and cheap.

i remember in high school i used to think flip flops were stupid and i would never wear them.

Then i went to college and lived in a dorm, and flip-flops are of course a dorm living essential (because who want to put on shoes just to walk down the hall to go the bathroom, but at the same time youd be insane to walk on those dirty-ass floors barefoot)

Now i love being able to just slip on flip-flops when the weather gets nice.