UNDERCOVERISM general discussion thread

bill

• 2 weeks later...

Was very impressed by SS15, or whatever was at DSMNY, picked up a blazer and one of the wide brimmed hats. the shoes from pretty hate bird were very cool, i think they got like 3 pairs or something crazy like that....not that i wear wedges...

• 1 month later...

Those parkas have been produced in very small quantities from what I've seen, and have sold out pretty much instantly in Japan. Japanese retail is/was around 170,000 yen, making it one of the most expensive pieces of the season. Often with these kinds of signature expensive pieces, for whatever reason UC seems to do it primarily special order. Kinda like Visvim, good customers can order the season's stuff in advance and then whatever's leftover makes its way to the shops.

Zozotown's UC store does have one of the parkas on sale right now, although it's the adventure cover version.

^Thanks for the info, yeah I believe dsmny carried the red one but probably sold out by now. The red album cover version seems to be at a number of online jp shops, but can't spend 1.7 to settle for that one. The search continues...

^ the red one above isn't at dsmny, there is another colorway that is red/beige/navy. red stripe breaking up navy/beige. looks nautical and not good, like old school polo stuff , after mark up/tariff nonsense its like 2.3K so not worth, at least in that colorway.

also, the green/white is same style as the one they had at dsm, the two are different parkas, the red/black/grey fits much looser compared to slimmer green/black/beige, as can be seen in picture, but i tried the sz 3 (usually wear 4) and i don't think even a 4 would fit of the green.

however, was talking to employees there and they are having a UC showcase/display coming up and they might be getting 1 or 2 of the other colorways and maybe the bigger jacket.

Those parkas have been produced in very small quantities from what I've seen, and have sold out pretty much instantly in Japan. Japanese retail is/was around 170,000 yen, making it one of the most expensive pieces of the season. Often with these kinds of signature expensive pieces, for whatever reason UC seems to do it primarily special order. Kinda like Visvim, good customers can order the season's stuff in advance and then whatever's leftover makes its way to the shops.

Zozotown's UC store does have one of the parkas on sale right now, although it's the adventure cover version.

Most of the iconic pieces are produced in very small quantities. Most riders jackets, especially those that are called "spot releases" i.e. the ones that don't drop at the beginning of a season, are produced in very small quantities. Usually, there are only 1 or 2 of sizes 1 and 2. Also, certain items only drop at the Aoyama flagship. 

The really amazing U pieces are only available to their VIP customers. I'm not sure how the system is structured but basically, you have to spend a shit load of money every season at their flagship stores. I was told you have to spend anywhere from 5Gs to 10k per season to be considered a VIP. Also, their VIP system is tiered. The "bottom" basically gets a letter in the mail every season about the upcoming release. The second tier folks get invited to their private trunk shows and be able to place orders in person. The third is the "god" tier. Those guys have access to pieces that are not featured in the lookbook or one-off replicas of stuff Jonio makes. The beige leather that Jonio wore in his honeyee blog icon – that was one of those VIP exclusives and only a couple exist. There are a few users on yahoo auctions who periodically let go of their one-offs. Peep out issakun on instagram to get a glimpse of some rare pieces. I think he is one of those "god" tier vips who gets personally signed one-offs and other weird items because he looks like he cashed out his retirements funds to cop U.

Edited by herpsky

• 2 weeks later...

from what ive been told no, nothing. VFiles is carrying it in nyc I believe. remember joking with manager who used to sell me UC from dsm about the "similarities"

maybe we were wrong though.