UNDERCOVERISM general discussion thread

bill

Size 4 Would be tagged large or a 48 slim 50 as stated above. You sized right sundance.

Does anyone know of the name of the piece I linked earlier? I know It's from open strings but right now well looking I'm just searching "undercover she brings the rain" "undercover open strings" ect.. Knowing the exact name of the jacket would be super helpful.

I can't help you out much more then mrip in return..

SERIOUSLY They are not descriptive and translator's often use incorrect translations or a more formal translation..

What i often do, with undercover in particular is go to japamart.com

and every week or so when i'm looking for something browse through all items which takes 35 mins but you won't care because it's quite successful ..

(TIP if you know the year instead do 'undercover 11, undercover 2011, undercoverism 11, undercoverism 2011' on japamart.com and that limits your search but i have seen people not list that either.

*took me 8 months to find the black undercover rider in size 4, brand new- all other items under a month they've come up*

As mrip stated, the titles are usually pretty vague but if you go to google translate and find some commonly used phrases like 'leather' or 'riders jacket', it can significantly narrow your searches. Ultimately though, you just need to just do a lot of hunting.

albertabeef I've actually seen a lot of that jacket simply by adding "12ss" to my UC searches... mostly size 2-3. That particular jacket is kind of all over the place category wise as it's half hoodie / half leather jacket - a lot of the auctions just have a preview pic of the front of the jacket it looks like a hoodie with zippers on the sleeves.

Edited by jdemotion

All those brand new with tags black UC perfecto that shows up these days make me wonder if there may be a fake production going on? or maybe I am just very very paranoid...

hope your paranoid..

i don't see how it could be a replica having looked at it, if it is i don't care because the quality is still insane and so it's just as good

i checked taobao, no fakes.

a piece like that requires way too much effort/resources, isn't current season and wouldn't be worth faking in the first place.

I hope you are right. I just figured that with the demand and sale prices (there's one up on ebay with a BIN of USD 2000) it might just be worth faking. You know, like the Dior Homme Luster Napoleon jacket.

hope your paranoid..

i don't see how it could be a replica having looked at it, if it is i don't care because the quality is still insane and so it's just as good

Yeah me too! tbh on your pictures I can't see anything that indicate that it should be a fake, I just wondered because of all these brand new jackets showing up from an old season. I really liked your closet mate!

Edited by Njalle

Does anyone have any experience with the ethnic rider? I'm looking at the one with black sleeves/detailing BNWT (unworn still in the plastic wrap) but I've heard that the sleeves don't hold up well over time and aren't that great quality. How much would such a piece be worth nowadays?

Does anyone have any experience with the ethnic rider? I'm looking at the one with black sleeves/detailing BNWT (unworn still in the plastic wrap) but I've heard that the sleeves don't hold up well over time and aren't that great quality. How much would such a piece be worth nowadays?

The ethnic rider is definitely a cool piece.... however the sleeves aren't tight they're knit a bit loose. I've heard from a few people who own it that there is a problem with the sleeves eventually starting to detach from the shoulders and the dangly things definitely come undone.

My friend has one w the navy leather and patterned knit sleeves [basically the same as the one in the photo], it's definitely something that makes you say "whoa" but it's pretty delicate and I wouldn't suggest it for something you wear everyday unless you're comfortable with repairing the sleeves every so often.

Price wise, they usually hover around $1000-1500 on yjp and closer to the higher price on eBay / the states.

This showroom pic is the best example of the fit in my experience [sleeves are more like a sweater / long]:

tumblr_lg4kaejgN51qbxpujo1_400.jpg

Edited by jdemotion

I have had the black one for now...

three days

i love it to peices but i can see there is great room for disaster; it's funny the body of the jacket seems like it's going to stand the test of time beyond anything else in my closet whilst the sleeves so fragile already pilling as they're so long and when i take it off on they pull.

I just had to have it and so it was my birthday and so i had found it and so i did it...

honestly not sure i'd even recommend it unless you like it A LOT

The quality of undercover leaves something to be desired.

Sweaters pile quickly in my experience.

And the quality of the cotton they use for shirts isn't great either.

Nylons / leathers are relatively better.

You pay for the name and design really.

The construction techniques on some of their garments is very well thought out and the fabrics I've felt are also spot on. I think sometimes there is much to be desired, but that happens with all companies.

The quality of undercover leaves something to be desired.

Sweaters pile quickly in my experience.

And the quality of the cotton they use for shirts isn't great either.

Nylons / leathers are relatively better.

You pay for the name and design really.

In my experience of my undercover 2nd hand you are WRONG, very wrong.. i find undercover is good to very good quality with all products i have handled/bought.

HOWEVER i would never, not even cross my mind, think to purchase undercover at retail for its quality, i don't think any quality in the world could warrant such huge sums for clothes.. even the most artistic items!

Yet i am young and have a lot of time to find the same quality for a fraction of the price/have no problem with 2nd,3rd hand and so on

• 2 weeks later...

Some of my UC tee's if anyone cares...

tumblr_mlltlyoVZE1r43j01o1_1280.jpg

I totally rock his previous collections of surreal prints on the tees.

Anyway here's a fellow Undercover fan saying hi to you guys! I've been liking Jun's stuffs since college days.