denim rubberneckers...

snugglepony

whew! i knew i wasn't the only one...

the only time i got called out on my jeans was a few months ago: i was in LA visiting a friend and we went to the hollywood trading co in fred segal in santa monica. i was looking to buy some APCs, and i was wearing my imperials... caught one of the clerks (must've been an SFer?) checking out my ass pockets and when i turned around, our conversation went something like this:

clerk: "are those -- ?"

'pony: "they are."

clerk: "sweeeeet."

'pony: "totally."

If i saw a girl in apc's i would definitely say something

through a friend, i met this girl who just started to work at the coffee place i hit up most days... the first time i saw her in there, she turned around to get my coffee and i saw some really nice honeycombs, obviously worn in by her. she was a little surprised, i think, when asked, "are those APCs? they're real nice..." <ding!>

Guest jeffvyain

in my experience the trouble starts around the 200-250 mark. then it rises exponentially

i guess for a guy with a jean obsession, the term gay gets thrown around so much it doesn't even sting anymore. i got called gay today talking to an ex-girlfriend about how much i wanted to buy some eternals by some guy sitting over her shoulder. I just said, "eh, tell him how i used to fuck you" and that pretty much shut him up. then i got romantic on her and told her how your life gets printed on the jeans you wear...almost brought a tear to my eye

Don't rubberneck much myself, but have been approached twice by guys asking about my black Denime's. And another occasion I was walking along my block, a woman and two men were approaching. I noticed she was wearing some selvedge. I caught the traintracks. I had on my Levis '47's, cuffed, and she was totally digging the tracks. She gave me a smile as we passed one another. Brunette. Thirties. Cute.

i totally check out girl's ass, guy's ass, old and young, skinny and fat, everybody now. and of course, the cuffs.

but now i'm even checking out accessories because this one girl at my work had an evisu purse. not that i'm one of those evisu freaks, but it still gets me jazzed.

Guest Airjamie
anyone ever start talking to strangers about their jeans?

I nearly got my ass kicked for asking a skinhead about his redlines. He called me a "fuckin poof tosser" Or whatever that means. What makes this even better is that it was said by someone who obviously wasnt british, and it took place in CHARLOTTE FUCKING NORTH CAROLINA. Skinheads are kinda like right between that guy who got hit by a truck and now the cant control his drooling, and a full fledged mongoloid.

yesterday afternoon i was walking back to the office with a friend of mine after lunch. we passed a restaurant with outdoor seating, and there's a dude sitting down with his girlfriend. i noticed he was wearing a pair of nudies (still very rare in portland; only the second pair i've seen) and as i walked past him, dude fully rubbernecks to check out my APCs. not checking out my ass, mind you, but checking out my jeans. the thing is, i'm totally guilty of doing the same thing, and i imagine i must look like a desperately oversexed gay man to anyone who happens to notice me doing it -- not exactly the look i'm going for, knowhati'msayin'?

anyone else notice this phenomenon?

was it kixslf?

I nearly got my ass kicked for asking a skinhead about his redlines. He called me a "fuckin poof tosser" Or whatever that means. What makes this even better is that it was said by someone who obviously wasnt british, and it took place in CHARLOTTE FUCKING NORTH CAROLINA. Skinheads are kinda like right between that guy who got hit by a truck and now the cant control his drooling, and a full fledged mongoloid.

At least this didn't happen...

wide%20AGNOSTIC%20FRONT%20DEATH%20BEFORE%20DISHONOR%20SKINHEAD%20YOUTH.jpg

When I'm at work, I find myself doing this. I see the usual of Mudd, LEI, and various other random on women. I see a lot of Levi's, Wrangler, and Lee on men. Of course I see a lot of Express, American Eagle, and Abercombie on both men and women. But every once and a while, I get a suprise. This old guy who comes in every other day, wears orange tab Levi's all the time, two of the girls who cashier, wear Sevens, I saw some guy looking through the magazines wearing True Religion Big Joey Ts, and the shock of my life, some guy, who is probably orginially from the mid west or the ranching states, wearing Wrangler 47s. Yeah, it's pretty slow some nights, but hey it passes the time.

Guest Airjamie
When I'm at work, I find myself doing this. I see the usual of Mudd, LEI, and various other random on women. I see a lot of Levi's, Wrangler, and Lee on men. Of course I see a lot of Express, American Eagle, and Abercombie on both men and women. But every once and a while, I get a suprise. This old guy who comes in every other day, wears orange tab Levi's all the time, two of the girls who cashier, wear Sevens (on of them is hot as hell), I saw some guy looking through the magazines wearing True Religion Big Joey Ts, and the shock of my life, some guy, who is probably orginially from the mid west or the ranching states, wearing Wrangler 47s. Yeah, it's pretty slow some nights, but hey it passes the time.

Hope you enjoyed your stay on superfuture.

Airjamie - (nice sn)

Now I thought it said in Rule #1 or #2 that Sevens, True Religion, etc were okay only if you were a hot female... :D

And besides, I have yet to find one of the touted brands on here that made my ass look as good as some of my TR, or SFAM, or Diesel.

Airjamie - (nice sn)

Now I thought it said in Rule #1 or #2 that Sevens, True Religion, etc were okay only if you were a hot female...

And besides, I have yet to find one of the touted brands on here that made my ass look as good as some of my TR, or SFAM, or Diesel.

What about some Nudie Super Slim Kims or Acnes...Pictures don't lie:

nudie1dc.jpeg

nudie1da.jpeg

nudie1db.jpeg

Or if you dare the new Nudie Long John:

nudie3dc.jpeg

I was leaving the booth of a Japanese restaurant with my parents one day when I caught some dude staring at me HARDDDDCORE... and i thought what did I do??? cause he had a weird puzzled/disgruntled look on him... I passed him and he asked what kind of jeans they were (which were actually a pair of brownstone LRG "cotton pant's" that look raw) and we kinda had a chat about it for awhile. He was wearing some nudie's that he had been working 5 months or so on... I think that was the last time I ever wore those LRG's but have yet to have any comments about my ES fulton patriots at all aside from my friends commenting on their tightness etc

ugh, no nudies for me, not my style, if anything I'll get some APC's. Something basic.

Well I was just trying to show that there are lots of brands that make girl's asses look good :cool: . To the original question...yes I also stare at people's jeans. The only time I have seen jeans mentioned on here (if I am not wearing them) is at one store near me that sells a few different types of raw denim (Nudie, and a few others I can't remember). I have on some occasions seen the odd Diesel or Seven.

Hope you enjoyed your stay on superfuture.

What the heck are you talking about, I'm not directly stareing at people, it's more like a glance. But getting back to my first question, what the heck are you talking about?

Airjamie - (nice sn)

Now I thought it said in Rule #1 or #2 that Sevens, True Religion, etc were okay only if you were a hot female...

Kerri's right, most of the time it's girls who come wear them.If your a guy, then it's a different story. You gotta not care what people think and not look like a weirdo, that's the only way you can pull it off.