I'm going on a 4 month mission and I need some technical shoes

ac_slater

Basically I will be working doing minor construction and clean up in villages in Guatemala, Nepal, and the Philippines. I've done similar missions before and you never know what you're going to run into. My biggest regret about my last trip was not bringing good shoes.

Here's what I need.

-Probably a low or mid shoe because boots tend to fatigue me.

-stylish but relatively low profile.

-I don't want to drop more than $200 and I'd rather it be closer to $100.

-Needs to be somewhat versatile. I might be walking paved streets for a week and then switch to trail hiking for a couple days.

current military spec combat boots. not expensive, comfortable, light.

who cares about your shoes if you're building villages, isnt that the whole fucking point? to loose yourself and your vanity to help another?

It's because I will probably be able to hit up a couple of cities in between. Probably Tokyo/Hong Kong. So I wanted something that could possibly pass for street wear.

• 2 weeks later...

The Bernhard Willhelms are the choice for sure. But really, I spent about 3 months in Nepal, trekking, bullshitting, and doing some NGO work. And I rocked 2 pairs of New Balance trail running shoes.

You can overthink the footwear thing super easily, but you really can't go wrong with a solid pair of trail runners. If those don't meet your needs, it means you're in situations where you're going to be having other critical issues too.