Why do people keep selling their shit?

arby2001

i dont think the thread is stupid really.

and i wish i had kept all of the sik jawnz i have sold over the years. petar petrov pants, gustavolins coat, ton of raf, balenciaga sneakers, fuuuck. the list goes on. bw hoodie, drkshdw jeans, rick tees,,

fuuuuuuuuck. i would have so much dope if i never sold that shit

I've been a lurker on some forums for now and the one thing I realise is that everybody is trying to sell their shit.

It's most prominent here on sufu, and there's arguably much less of a marketplace vibe in sf.com (etc...), but I want to ask, why do so many people do this?

I have attempted to sell things before (although never actually SOLD them), but when I do, it's because I made a bad judgement call and bought the wrong size, so it's practically brand new. Still, alteration is my first try, unless it has zips in the way.

Fair enough, people in some places can't always get what they want easily (although LVR/Antonioli etc. should always be the first stop). So it's nice that some people are offering these brand new stuff for less.

But why are most items used sneakers, jackets, faded raws, etc? I don't get why anyone would wear someone else's clothes. It's disgusting. It's one thing to wear hand-me-downs, but it's another to pay hundreds of bucks for it to be shipped over from Mr.unknown. Also, it's hard to believe that people have several pieces of expensive clothing that don't fit them just "lying unused in my wardrobe". I mean everyone makes couple sizing mistakes, but when you're selling 5 of them, well - hard to believe.

When I buy a product, no matter what, I mean to keep it as my very own and make it last as long as possible. I may be the last person on earth who does this, but I only buy a quality product that I truly want, and not with a view to sell it to someone else in a year for god knows what reason.

you mad?:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

I've been a lurker on some forums for now and the one thing I realise is that everybody is trying to sell their shit.

It's most prominent here on sufu, and there's arguably much less of a marketplace vibe in sf.com (etc...), but I want to ask, why do so many people do this?

I have attempted to sell things before (although never actually SOLD them), but when I do, it's because I made a bad judgement call and bought the wrong size, so it's practically brand new. Still, alteration is my first try, unless it has zips in the way.

Fair enough, people in some places can't always get what they want easily (although LVR/Antonioli etc. should always be the first stop). So it's nice that some people are offering these brand new stuff for less.

But why are most items used sneakers, jackets, faded raws, etc? I don't get why anyone would wear someone else's clothes. It's disgusting. It's one thing to wear hand-me-downs, but it's another to pay hundreds of bucks for it to be shipped over from Mr.unknown. Also, it's hard to believe that people have several pieces of expensive clothing that don't fit them just "lying unused in my wardrobe". I mean everyone makes couple sizing mistakes, but when you're selling 5 of them, well - hard to believe.

When I buy a product, no matter what, I mean to keep it as my very own and make it last as long as possible. I may be the last person on earth who does this, but I only buy a quality product that I truly want, and not with a view to sell it to someone else in a year for god knows what reason.

You dont get the concept of vintage clothing? It has been around for many decades.

i only ever pay retail if an item is on sale or if i literally won't be able to find it elsewhere. i honestly would have never been able to afford va, _7, ro, etc. without supermarket, sz classifieds, or certain ebay sellers. also, not sure if this is true for anyone else here, but for me, it feels good to know that my purchase doesn't directly contribute to the need for additional resources used in the production of garments--in short, buying used clothing is an eco-conscious way for me to be able to wear what i want to wear without having to go into debt or get another job.

i only ever pay retail if an item is on sale or if i literally won't be able to find it elsewhere. i honestly would have never been able to afford va, _7, ro, etc. without supermarket, sz classifieds, or certain ebay sellers. also, not sure if this is true for anyone else here, but for me, it feels good to know that my purchase doesn't directly contribute to the need for additional resources used in the production of garments--in short, buying used clothing is an eco-conscious way for me to be able to wear what i want to wear without having to go into debt or get another job.

Pretty much sums up my feelings as well. Also, I find stuff in the marketplace that I wouldn't look into or be able to find elsewhere. Plus it feels nice knowing that if you buy something that doesn't end up working out you can typically sell it for about the same amount as opposed to final sale shit where you're kind of fucked out of money if it doesn't end up being what you wanted.

• 5 weeks later...

I love the supermarket; easy to get good shit without burning the wallet. The stuff people sell are usually in really good condition, so I have no issue there. Sometimes, though, people smell bad, but that can be fixed with a wash.

It's funny though, I sold some beat to shit jeans here and the buyer was actually looking for that kind of condition. I guess another man's junk is another man's treasure.

Not everyone has the funds to drop massive amounts of coin on new clothing all the time. The price point of the clothing that is preffered here is far higher then the "typical" gear people buy, so the only option sometimes is to buy used. Likewise if the item is produced in limited numbers and sells out immidiatly

Internet shopping can be a difficult thing, even minute differences in measurements can affect the way a garmant hangs off you, so many have to re-sell to recoup the costs. I have also had many "grails" thhat I have tracked down only to find that once they I have them, they dont suit my style like I thought they would, so off they go to the market

There is nothing wrong with re-selling or buying used, you make it sound as though every item in the classifides has had the absolute shit beat out of it, or had someones pet monkey bust a nut all over their jeans. If it looks too beat up, just dont buy it

The most beat up thing that people look for here is raw denim, as they are too lazy too put in the work it takes to break them in, wearing a pair of jeans that someone lived in and didnt wash for a year is gross to me

I hear where your coming from man, but your point of view seems to stem more from the point that you just dont want to wear anything that someone else has worn

Edited by CUTUP

because sometimes people's style evolves, if you compared my closet 3 years ago to today its like night and day. out with the old to fund the new. i do have to agree with jbanger though, its a shame most of the stuff in supermarket is xs/s

1.Sell "mistakes"

2.size error/change - I also lost a lot of weight and am now selling brand new TLJ in Black Black sz 24/32" cos it's too big!

3.As above, style evolution - mine too has changed over the years.

Loads of reasons - I support the market place!!!

proceed to lie in the pile of jawns, burying my face into the fabric and inhaling. I immerse myself the the previous owner's essence and start to touch myself.

this brought back memories of a girl i fucked a few times doing this on a hotel bed with something like 3 pairs of my denim. then we fucked.