Pure Blue Jeans XX-005

ianpalermo

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Received the jeans today from Blue in Green... I couldn't be happier. I am still amazed at the slubbiness of the denim... wow. I can't wait to soak these, set in some nice creases, and wear them to shit. Thanks a lot to digital_denim for the store credit and "discount," and to mizanation and Carl for the sizing help!

img1146xx9.jpg

img1151yy0.jpg

img1157fg9.jpg

Store credit? Discount? What? Am I missing something? Can I post another question?

Those are lookin nice. I am still not a huge fan of the leather tag.

^ i don't think i've heard a definitive answer for this question as of yet. but what sounds right to me is that oni is still a tad bit slubbier than pbs. but since most onis come raw and pbs come in one-wash, there's an illusion in the beginning as if pbs are slubbier.

in having both a pair of pbj's and also a pair of oni's, I VOTE ONI's. In fact, for my opinion, i like the oni's a bit better than the PBJ's. Oni's are even more coarsly weaved than the PBJ's. I had BOTH in one was state (cheap plug for my oni's for sale) and Oni's are def. more slubby, in my opinion, the nicest denim i have ever owned. haven't owned a pair of 45rpm's yet though, but in comparisons of all the pairs i picked up in japan, SDA's, Samuari's, PBJ, Burgus, and Oni's, oni's take the cake.

in terms of slubbiness...presented in Niketalk fashion

Oni's >>PBJ's>Burgus Hinoya>Samuari and SDA are tied, because after the rest of them, they're not even slubby

how do they fit?

They fit a little loose, but I expected that since Gordon let me know that they run 2" bigger than tagged size. So I plan to just hot soak the jeans for about half an hour, then put them on in the bathtub and sit there in warm water for another half hour, hang them up for a bit, and finally wear them while damp and let them dry on me. We'll see how this works...

anyone know if the xx-005 is slubbier than the oni denim? they look almost identical in fabric.

As for the slubbiness in comparison to the Oni's... I'm sorry, I can't really say. I've never owned a pair of Oni denim, nor felt them.

but since most onis come raw and pbs come in one-wash

Mine are raw, and I'm pretty sure all of the XX-005's that Blue in Green stocks are raw as well. The ones that came from xcoldricex are one-wash though.

Can Blue in Green chainstitch the hems? And do they carry Oni's? 32x30 is too big otherwise I'd cop those from Poly... I really like the cut of the PBJ XX-005 though.

Can Blue in Green chainstitch the hems? And do they carry Oni's? 32x30 is too big otherwise I'd cop those from Poly... I really like the cut of the PBJ XX-005 though.

they did mention previously that they carry oni denim. i just don't think they have some on stock.

BiG has a ton of Oni's. they have like 6 different styles. they also chainstitch. stock varies, you will have to call or email gordon.

As far as the Oni vs. PBJ debate, if you look at the fabric of the Oni Blues and the XX-005 (or XX-003) it looks like they are using the same fabric. It would not surpise me if they are getting the fabric from the same source. The only difference is the Oni is a looser weave so it is a little coarser. The PBJs are a tighter weave (which i prefer). To the untrained eye, they are pretty much identical.

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys, i have a quick sizing question for you all. i'm looking into a pair of xx-005's, and it seems like the general consensus is that these run fairly true to size. i am somewhere between a 31 and a 32. that said, would it make sense to go for a 31 and have it stretch a bit, or a 32 and have it sit a bit looser, perhaps down the waist? would there be a big difference in the fit otherwise between the two sizes? also, can anyone compare the fit of these to apc ns's? i wear a 30 in those and they fit a bit loose (because of the stretching obviously), but perfectly otherwise, and i'd love to find something with the same fit through the leg (although i suspect that might be different because of the tapering, but nonetheless)