sufu1

superfuture 5.0 superhappy thread

I find the mobile version to be comparable to getting fucked in the eyes. But some of the functionality helps. Ie easier to get to messages and such. Still waiting on the premium version. Totally ready to pay

many things are not clear

like the function to filter out pretty much every post in the thread (by rep)

kbyk4g.png

curious how the numbers have changed since 5.0, whether hits are up or down...no usercp, rep comments, and forced lowercase are the main reasons why i (among many other long-term users) rarely bother anymore, it shouldn't have to be a chore to post here. (waits for "no one is forcing you" comment)

Edited by ROYALEFATALE

there is actually an uppercase option... you just dont open your eyes enough.

and what is the deal with no CP? going to "content i follow" essentially brings you to your subscribed threads...

Edited by ranonranonarat

the main reasons why i (among many other long-term users) rarely bother anymore,

you posted everyday in the last week, except when the forum was down. in fact there is almost no noticeable change to your posting pattern.

there is actually an uppercase option... you just dont open your eyes enough.

and what is the deal with no CP? going to "content i follow" essentially brings you to your subscribed threads...

does the uppercase option fix broken link urls?

also CP is where rep comments were located, that sense of community is no more, the interactions via rep comments were innumerable, you think people are sending messages now? no.

you posted everyday in the last week, except when the forum was down. in fact there is almost no noticeable change to your posting pattern.

no noticeable change? that's a good one. to someone who doesn't know any better "every day" might sound somewhat convincing, there's quite a difference between one post per day and twenty wouldn't you say? no need to sugar coat it.

actual data:

30 day post count prior to 5.0 = 118

30 day post count after 5.0 = 38

you were right that margin is barely noticeable, what was i thinking (10)....again this is only my situation, but i'm one of many, just relaying some of the feedback i get from long-term users that don't even bother with the current mess, take it or leave it.

I don't get on here as much as I used to, I used to be on here all day, now I come on probably a couple times a week.

I think it was stupid to get rid of rep comments. Also I'm still annoyed that every time I open a thread I have to click the arrow to go to the last page and then scroll down to see the most recent post. There used to be an option to always view threads with the most recent post first. That needs to come back.

actual data:

30 day post count prior to 5.0 = 118

30 day post count after 5.0 = 38

guess i didn't look that closely at your posts corny girls/corny pop music really bore me.

my point was more that posting more than once a day is not even close to being the same thing as leaving.

there was a time that long term users may remember, when the average post count per day was around 1.23 - 1.5.

post whoring was not only looked upon poorly but users were actively attacked for posting crap, this was when the board software was cfbb, there was no rep, the information posted was deep, and so was the merciless nature of posts against bad users/shitty fits.

that is the time where supertalk deserved it's reputation for being a bad arse place.

there were good users who left when the software changed to 3.0.

there were new good users who found the functionality better.

this has happened every iteration of the board.

the board has changed, the way the community functions will change, some of the changes to the community will be by design, the rest we will just find out about as we go.

the only constant with every change is select users who think the board should be constructed solely to suit them.

the only constant with every change is select users who think the board should be constructed solely to suit them.

this might hold some weight if i was in the minority as far as rep comments/usercp goes, have to take everything you say with a grain of salt though (no dickride), the ones that do come back are most likely doing so out of habit, including myself. just take a look at the numbers, they speak for themselves.

hi im 12 how do i use this??????

does the uppercase option fix broken link urls?

also CP is where rep comments were located, that sense of community is no more, the interactions via rep comments were innumerable, you think people are sending messages now? no.

1.) no, the uppercase option doesn't fix the broken links. but it is also 600 times easier to post a youtube link.

2.) it takes just one more button click to send a message compared to a pos/neg rep. if people are inherently lazy to go through the trouble of another click, then perhaps that comment isn't really worth the trouble reading?

sure, there are a lot of problems with the new superfuture. but there are also a lot of positives from the new system. you win some, you lose some.

people thinking that getting rid of the rep comments was a concious descision should get their brain checked

i probably should add that wayne has mentioned in the past that it is a board software limitation that they are working on to get changed

Edited by redX

people thinking that getting rid of the rep comments was a concious descision should get their brain checked

where does it state otherwise? thanks.

i've just trolled through a few hundred messages in bugs thread and tried to summarize outstanding stuff.

[if i've missed any please let me know in this thread so we can make a definitive list that i can get techs to sort out]

issues list

+++++++++++++

search

fix status --> fixed using 'full search' but we will install 'sphinx search' which is more powerful and searches deeper in site'. full search limits to 200 results.

+++++++++++++

url redirects

i.e. mapping old vbulletin urls to new forum urls. this was working prior to latest new 'new' server.

it's a bitch cos all the links into superfuture are getting broken, including those from google.

fix status --> techs have been trying to get this sorted past day or so but still not working.

update --> fixed

+++++++++++++

ipad skin

my notifications/email popup is off screen.

fix status --> have asked techs to fix more times than i can remember.

+++++++++++++

lowercase

will look again to see if we can isolate usernames and message descriptions to not be forced lowercase. the issue was that it was all or nothing rather than me being a typenazi. [even though i am one].

this might also fix some of the image/youtube link issues.

"once again the "everything lowercase" idea wasn't very well thought out, every copy/pasted image link becomes broken because of it"

fix status --> need to tweak css.

+++++++++++++

old youtube links

not sure if this is due to the lowercase or something else

"every embedded youtube video prior to 5.0 no longer shows up due to the new formatting change, the best youtube, etc vids threads up to 5.0 are pretty much worthless unless you feel like copying/pasting every code "

fix status --> need to open tech ticket.

+++++++++++++

posts per page / ascending / descending

we can only set this globally.

fix status --> i think it is set to 25. can raise it to 50.

update -->

topics per forum page was 30 now 50

posts per topic page was 25 now 50

post needed to make a hot topic is 500

+++++++++++++

mobile

can't seem to get to the most recent post on any thread from the mobile version

+++++++++++++

content i follow

clearly not working

+++++++++++++

chat

not working.

fix status --> disabled and we need to repurchase the module. should be back up in next few days.

update --> fixed

+++++++++++++

timestamps

"time is wrong. i'm in the right time zone but it's 8.5 hours off"

"time is 7pm eastern it says 10:30am "

update --> fixed.

logged out will show GMT time.

logged in will show your local time zone [if you have set it in your 'my profile']

+++++++++++++

"can't change my avatar back to my old one or upload a new one. gives me a [#1027] error. "

is this still not working?

update --> The [#1027] error means user don't have permission to alter their profile. possibly not logged in. if still having issues let us know and give example.

+++++++++++++

rss 1

"rss feeds for the market, is that going to be in this version or was that feature scrapped?"

update --> fixed

rss 2

"would there be image support for the rss feature in the supermarket again soon?"

rss 3

"i added super market to my rss(google reader) and when i click on a thread it comes up as the thread was posted as guest and there is no content in the thread"

+++++++++++++

help thread

"it would be helpful to just have a dedicated thread / key to the more commonly used function changes for 5.0

future"

fix status --> agree. will work on something.

+++++++++++++

rep comments

fix status --> this is on future to-do list once we find a coder who can actually do it. we have the data but it will take some custom coding.

it cannot be impossible.

+++++++++++++

the help files reference a "display name change" page but i can't find it? when i connected with facebook it took my real name and didn't give me a chance to change it. wanted to change it to brad-t :(

Posted · Hidden by Lucas, April 12, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by Lucas, April 12, 2012 - No reason given

I can't find the option to permanently set newest posts to descend in threads. Tried coming back home like 2 times this past month despite favorite member banishments (sayword) but just got frustrated and dipped. Otherwise I like the new ui overall and search has vastly improved.

Posted · Hidden by TooAwesome, June 1, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by TooAwesome, June 1, 2012 - No reason given

whats with the lack of quote boxes now? its hard to differentiate quotes and the actual posts