sufu1

superfuture 5.0 superhappy thread

some people have reported that some of their subscribed threads show up in the "content i follow" section

wasn't the case for me though

Just wanted to say the new layout is looking great so far. Not as cluttered anymore. Still wish you could see a picture with each FS thread without clicking on each thread individually (6.0?). I'm really glad that worthless search bar at the top is gone now, where you'd type something in, then get sent back to the homepage. Also glad that the last sentence or two doesn't run into signatures.

some people have reported that some of their subscribed threads show up in the "content i follow" section

same here sucks :(

how do i change my preference for viewing threads as ascending/descending order? i like seeing the latest posts on top and i can't find it anywhere.

next step we are going to set up a premium service for supertalkers who want access to more functionality including supertalk mobile app [which is only accessible by mods at the moment]. more on this later...

When will this go live? Please tell me how much and who to send money to? I prefer to browse Sufu on my iPad/iPhone rather than my iMac.

gotta go back and resubscribe every thread.... pain in the ass

to auto follow threads you posted in, gotta change your settings... see's ranonranonarat's post

super happy that there's the added option of being able to include more participants in a PM and turn it into a conversation with multiple parties. very cool and long overdue. props to that..

now, just to iron out the rest of the kinks, with the most glaring being the lack of caps.

now, just to iron out the rest of the kinks, with the most glaring being the lack of caps.

i don't know what wayne will come up with for this. just that ever since i remember superfuture was marked in part by a specific typographic style, which included all lower case.

i for one like the austerity.

Adjustment to v5 was actually quicker than I had expected for me. I still want caps though.

i don't know what wayne will come up with for this. just that ever since i remember superfuture was marked in part by a specific typographic style, which included all lower case. i for one like the austerity.

i'm one of those who type in lowercase frequently but at this point, even i am finding it difficult to manage without the uppercase. i have to admit that the uppercase makes sentences a lot easier to read.

I feel like I'm going insane that people are even discussing this as if the absence of capitals isn't absurd. Typographic style? Austerity? No. Just bring back the capitals.

I feel like I'm going insane that people are even discussing this as if the absence of capitals isn't absurd. Typographic style? Austerity? No. Just bring back the capitals.

there is a guy named wayne who over ten years ago had the good taste to create a website superfuture, and out of that grew a message board called supertalk. the way it look influenced the way members behaved in the same way as neville brody influenced the wider fashion comunity with his bent letraset styling of the face magazine in the late 80s.

the members of supertalk mostly posted in a stylised way using bold to emphasize, the ellipsis to punctuate, and with very little capitalization. this was not the only thing they were particular about, obscure things, hard to come by things, little known things, even secret things.

later on, the things the earlier members had discovered were more readily available. newer members joined and these members came from a broader section of society. at first like all noobs, they may have been intimidated by the obsession with style [as indeed i was when i first found superfuture and then supertalk ], as these new members posted they also brought ideas that were more accessible. somehow more mainstream.

when the original owner brings the stylised look of superfuture [since 1999] to the members posts on supertalk, of course it is something to discuss. absurd? well that is a matter of opinion.

i remember something about that owner also only wearing the same helmut lang t shirt, of which he had something like 50, this may also seem absurd, this kind of severe minimalism was part of what attracted me to superfuture.

that supertalk now has the same reduced typographic style as the rest of superfuture makes me smile, seriously, smile. [the smile becomes wry when i realise i am explaining this to members of supertalk who don't even know who chad was]

thanks wayne.

I personally have yet to see the benefits of upgrading to 5.0..

but I've seen a lot of frustration

I found that really difficult to read

because there were no capitals.

you should seriously stop your bitching. the membership in this forum is free and no one is forcing you to stay

personally i find the upgrade to 5.0 to be a move in the right direction, the previous look of the forum was just weird with all the dots and whatnot. it now looks a lot cleaner (albeit there still being some wasted white space)

just give the site a chance. maybe some of the old features will be included again, maybe not due to technical limitations. i would love to see the return of properly working tags and short messages with rep. but until then you're just gonna have to deal with it or you know do something else in your free time

I just find it funny that we aren't allowed to use capitals but I can put

this text in purple with comic sans

It really adds to the experience here.

I don't see why u can't just link the new rep system to the old one and allow private commenting to show up in some sort of user CP.

Threaded pms are great but its confusing as fuck when it shows your own av for them when looking at a list, makes it so hard to find the exact pm you want.

I'm pitching in saying that the all lowercase is stupid. I understand it's a theme for the forum, but applying it to our posts is weird to me and doesn't make any sense. I realize it was a conscious decision but that doesn't mean that its suddenly an awesome idea.

I'm not going to cry about it anymore, but I do still think it's stupid.

How do u subscribe to the supermarket RSS feed?

+1

Is this just part of the new "premium" service?

How do u subscribe to the supermarket RSS feed?

i need to know how to do this too

I found that really difficult to read

because there were no capitals.

Goddamn it, I just sprayed beer all over my keyboard laughing at this. :D

I wished for all the posts displayed in every forum to show the latest one instead of the oldest ones which are like posted in year 2007?! I'm using an iphone and I think this mobile interface is great! Except for the oldest page displayed problem...

Hope to see more improvements dudes!

Yeah there used to be an option to show most recent posts first..I want it back

ignore signatures functionality is great

fuckukentmoney.png